U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM

28,570 posts, read 62,371,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoganti View Post
I will have 30 days of temporary stay paid by the company.
In the mean time, i need to find a place to live for me.

Which area do you suggest ?
I won't... and no one else can either.

Ask your employers HR people to help you find something nice that is **convenient** to work.
Ask them to recommend at least 4 apartment complexes.
One is likely to be as good/bad as any other.

Come back and ask about the A vs B, B vs C, C vs D, D vs A (and so forth) questions.
Maybe someone will have some specific insight.

hth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 AM

624 posts, read 1,894,207 times
I'll have a bit of fun and make tons of assumptions and fire off some recommendations:
  • Greenway at Fisher Park - This location would allow you to walk to work each day. You'd be close to downtown and the ballpark and plenty of restaurant / bar options nearby. The downside is it's pricey for the sq footage you get compared to the rest of the area, but this is a brand new complex and has easy access to the Greenway.
www.greenwayatfisherpark.com
  • Plantation at Horse Pen Creek - This is the apartment complex I first moved to when I took a job change back in 2011. I like that all the apartments have 9' ceilings and feel spacious. There are cheaper places, I think I paid $750-800 for a 1/1. You can find plenty of 1 bed / 1 bath for 600 depending on your needs. I liked the location, complex was clean and I had easy access to the places I needed. There are no bars within walking distance but I often ran to the Military Park which is a mile away and there are lots of trails in this area. Also, I would recommend the 3rd floor; they have wood staircases and you hear every step of the person who needs to be at work by 6 am.
www.plantationathpc.com

• Hayleigh Apartments - I've been recently searching to move apartment in the Spring. This complex is pretty new, they still have on-going construction for their tennis courts and additional buildings. They real point of interest for me was they had 3 bed / 2 bath apts for $931. The apt prices get set daily, but that's real low compared to most other complexes which avg 1050-1200 for a 3/2. They also had a number of promotions going on right now, free month of rent, no application fees etc. These get adjusted daily, so YMMV. Location wise, it's just down the road from Plantation @ HPC. They have a relatively low rating on one of the apt rating websites but I've been through the property at various times and don't see much merit in some of the reviews.
www.hayleighvillage-apts.com/
OK, those are the three that I like. Obviously you may have different taste unless we're twins somehow separated at birth that have the exact same preferences. Things that would help guide our suggestions:
  • What's your budget? 1/1 can range from 500-900, 2/2 700-1100 and 3/2 900-1500 (Generally)
  • How many bedrooms do you need? Ideal Square footage?
  • What's more important: 1) Proximity to your office 2) bars/restaurants 3) Outdoors/Trails/Parks?
  • Along the same line, what do you like to do in your freetime? Go to a coffeeshop, hit up a small bookstore, find a new lake or greenway, sit on the front porch and yell at small children giggling too loudly?
  • Probably should've got this early, but how old are you. I just assume late twenties early thirties because I assumed you're my twin, but I realize this logic may be flawed. Is anyone moving with you?
  • Do you have pets? I'm really just asking if you have a dog because a cat is equivalent to a goldfish in my mind when it comes to apartment hunting. Neither (cat nor goldfish) is likely to go outside or need to be walked. A dog, depending on the breed, can obviously restrict you from some complexes.
Hope your transition goes smoothly in the meantime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point