U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:37 PM

13 posts, read 156,820 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how the housing/rental market is in Winston Salem...is the area growing?

We are interested in purchasing in Zip Code 27127...is it totally a buyer's market? We are not sure if we should wait.

Any Help appreciated.

Charles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM

1,531 posts, read 6,845,298 times
Dunno about zip codes (I've found in most NC cities, they aren't very accurate way of knowing about the town....for instance in Raleigh, one zipcode I can think of stretches from including a ghetto, a pretty historic neighborhood, and a patch of farmland all in one...so that tells you how reliable zip codes are!). However I was born and raised in Winston-Salem so I'll try to help here:

According to my parents, in the outer suburban areas of Winston, lots of houses are being built there left and right. The problem? Really el-cheapo construction being put up in a hurry, quickly anywhere they can put them and with very low quality. So keep your eyes out for that if you're looking in the suburban areas. This problem has created a situation where it's cheap to buy, but you might as well buy a trailer cuz it won't accrue any value over time hardly at all!

Mom says she often wishes they had gotten a house in one of the older, more established neighborhoods just outside of downtown. Those houses are high quality and are raising up in value while their suburban "ranch" is valued just barely more than when they bought it in 1978 (adjusted for inflation that is). It's sad really.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:36 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,186,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob
According to my parents, in the outer suburban areas of Winston, lots of houses are being built there left and right. The problem? Really el-cheapo construction being put up in a hurry, quickly anywhere they can put them and with very low quality.
Ohhh yeah . There's a newish place on Jonestown Road, we take the shortcut through there to get to the Hanes Mall area (though we make fewer trips - it's just getting toooo congested ), where you can get something like 2300 sq feet for $129K. Really, really crummy construction though. There's one stretch of route 158 near Clemmons where several cheapo subdivisions are being built. Good for a starter house, I suppose, they sold quite quickly, but 10 years from now they'll look like <censorable word>.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:40 PM

13 posts, read 156,820 times
Anyone know about:

The Chase at Kingtree Development

and/or

Jurney Construction Homebuilders????

Old 07-17-2006, 04:38 PM

21 posts, read 75,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalucky
Does anyone know how the housing/rental market is in Winston Salem...is the area growing?

We are interested in purchasing in Zip Code 27127...is it totally a buyer's market? We are not sure if we should wait.

Any Help appreciated.

Charles
The Winston Salem(27104) /Kernersville(27284) /Clemmons(27012) are main areas that are developing. to check the zipcode maps go to:
http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/MapZip.asp?zip=27127
Property values are creeping upwards. The local developers are calling for a 8-12% yearly appreciation for the next 2-3 years. Very good place to move to. We moved here 6 years ago from NJ. We love it.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,225 times
Default 27127 Zip

The 27127 zip code is a great area. I used to live out there, own a rental property (that will be vacant in a few months; hint, hint) there and still attend church there. The southern part of Forsyth county and the northern part of Davidson county are really growing. There is a new Wal-Mart and Lowes in that area as well. It's definately an area worth looking in to. I highly recommend it.

dburns

Old 02-05-2008, 04:27 PM

222 posts, read 849,313 times
just voted last night by the Forsyth county commissioners, there will be an apt complex/shops/offices developed in the 27127/27107 zip. I wouldn't say it's 'totally' a buyer's market, prices may have come down a bit, but I think lower offers do prevail.

I live in the 27127 area and would be happy to help if you have any further questions. Just pm me.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 PM

779 posts, read 2,932,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburns32 View Post
The 27127 zip code is a great area. I used to live out there, own a rental property (that will be vacant in a few months; hint, hint) there and still attend church there. The southern part of Forsyth county and the northern part of Davidson county are really growing. There is a new Wal-Mart and Lowes in that area as well. It's definately an area worth looking in to. I highly recommend it.

dburns
Tell me about your place. Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer.
Angie

Old 02-09-2008, 03:27 PM

273 posts, read 850,821 times
My wife and I just bought a home in "Kingstree Subdivision", back in August. It's the subdivision that has been here for about 20 years. We liked the homes here better than "the Chase" bc the lots are larger and they didn't clear all the large trees like other neighborhoods. For the price we couldn't go wrong, there a few homes for sale right now in the neighborhood in the 145k-170k range. The Chase has some new builds in the 150k-200k range, but smaller lots and hence very close to your neighbor. The only thing that I will warn you about and it is a personal preference here, but there are electric lines running through part of the neighborhood and the substation is just outside the neighborhood. That's about the only thing that I could think that might sway you, but a really nice rolling area that is quiet and nice people. Let me know if you want any details, we really like it here.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 PM

40 posts, read 142,417 times
akwebb81, where's "Kingstree subdivision"? I just posted in another thread that I was looking for a house in the 150k-200k and you make Kingstree subdivision sound nice. Could you tell me a street so I can satalite it from google or live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point