U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2007, 12:44 PM

29 posts, read 66,590 times

Advertisements

Someone please give me advice. I am moving to the triad area in about one month and I will be attending A&T. I have not seen many homes I like(basements,2 story, and historical looking w/brick) in my price range in greensboro. I do see many of these homes in Winston-Salem and High Point but I am concerned about commuting to A&T to from these places. Does anyone know how the commute would be from Winston or HP to greensboro??? Of course I've mapquested several addresses and see that commuting to HP is about 20 mins while WS can be as long as 40 mins, but I want real terms, in terms of traffic. Are there any back roads or schort cuts to take???

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 02:02 PM

41 posts, read 137,549 times
Default Travel from WS or HP

I and others here at the office travel in to Greensboro from around WS every day. The commute time you indicated from WS to Greensboro (A&T) would be about accurate. I would state the time would be more toward an hour via I-40.

There aren't any faster/better back roads to get to A&T from Winston. Now High Point would again be a commute of 15 minutes more than you indicated. As for faster/better back roads from HP to get to A&T, I am not aware of any.

Hope this helps....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point