U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:51 PM

23 posts, read 93,968 times

Advertisements

I've been reviewing the various threads on here discussing different neighborhoods in Greensboro, but I haven't seen much at all about the area with the 27405 zip code. Is this a good area? It is very close to Irving Park (27408), so it seems like it would be a similar type of area in terms of safety, tranquility, etc. But I wanted to get some feedback from people who are familiar with the area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,622,254 times
I dont think in most cities that it is fair to define a area by crime with it zipcode because it covers alot of areas good areas, bad areas, industrial areas.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:16 PM

I asked about the zip code because I have seen it mentioned on this board repeatedly. A lot of times posters will ask about which neighborhoods are best, etc. and many responders have given specific zip codes of which areas they think are the best/not the best, etc. I was not aware of neighborhoods being discussed based on zip code prior to visiting this board. But since so many people have clearly done so on this board, I was under the impression that it was a normal occurrence here. Regardless, if anyone is actually familiar with the area I mentioned and can provide me with some information about the area I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM

902 posts, read 3,218,719 times
I used to work in that zip code area, so I am a bit familiar with part of it. I am NOT sure of the entire area the zip encompasses though.

What I know... a fair portion is lower income, older box type houses. Years ago, several neighborhoods sprouted near the textile mills for the mill workers. You may find similar houses in all states of repair or disrepair, as the case may be. A lot of the mill properties are closed or being converted to other occupancies, as textiles are either taking a nosedive or going overseas.

You may find some pretty rough neighborhoods in that zip code, but some reasonable ones too.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 PM

Thanks marych. That doesn't sound like the type of neighborhood I'm looking for, so I guess I'll continue my search. I appreciate your candor.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,846,509 times
Most of the area in this zipcode (27405) is not a very desirable area. Try 27401, 27403, 27410, 27455.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,058 times
Question greensboro 27405 what do you think?

My husband and I were offered a home to buy in this zip code 27405 but we don't know this area. the community is savannahs run and it is located off of pisgah church road. We live in California so we aren't sure of this area. Is there anyone there that can be our eyes and ears and give us some insight into the area? From photos it seems nice. We want a safe area with decent appreciation. What do you think? Thanks!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 AM

22 posts, read 78,834 times
The zip code is a bit mixed. There are less desireable areas, but there are very nice new areas as well. There is a brand new upscale shopping center, Elm Street Village, on Pisgah Church that is only 2-3 miles from the neighborhood you mentioned. Existing tenants are Jack Cecil, Marshall Art Gallery, Indigo Bead Studio, Rolly’s Great Kids, Silver Gallery International, Dolce Vita Lifestyles and Chop House Grill. A Panera Bread, Robust-Ah! Coffee And Such, a shoe store and several other restaurants are also planned for the space.

I have additional sales info on the neighborhood that I could PM you if you like. Let me know.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 AM

22 posts, read 78,834 times
Here's more info on the above mentioned shopping village.
Koury Corporation

Old 06-26-2007, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,950 times
Default 27405 Zip Code

I moved to Greensboro 27405 almost 10 years ago and I love it. I moved here from Virginia Beach, VA. This zip code area varies greatly as it is one of the larger areas in the county. It ranges from Urban to suburban to rural. The best part is that it is close to everything. I live near Irving Park within the city limits near downtown. I live in a newly constructed home in an older neighborhood. That is the key, it has a real neighborhood feel. The neighbors look out for each other. I am also in walking distance to shops and restaurants. My neighborhood is being revitalized as more of the older homes are being renovated. Further out, there are new upscale developments and shopping areas. I highly recommend this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point