Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 17,458 times

Advertisements

My sister is getting married and is having a very difficult time finding a place to get married in this state that isn't in a church, or doesn't charge an outrageous amount. She is looking for a place with (preferably) an outdoor site to have the ceremony that is scenic, quiet and not gaudy.

Does anyone have any ideas? She's pretty flexible with the location...but is located in the triad, so the western & central parts of the state would be easier.

Oh, and of course, it needs to be fairly inexpensive. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,313 times
I can only suggest Tanglewood Park in Clemmons right outside of Winston-Salem. Beautiful park and location. I had to pay $1500 to reserve a park in CA, so I don't know what is considered reasonable out here! There is even a Bed and Breakfast on the property. Here is their website:

Forsyth County > Tanglewood Park > Weddings

Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 AM

583 posts, read 2,802,392 times
Try googling country clubs, golf courses, parks, vineyards in the city that she prefers. Depending on the time of year, if she can do an outdoor reception that will allow for more options. Ones that allow for 'outside food/drinks' will also be cheaper, just have to ask that when talking to them.

If you she can narrow it down to a couple cities, we may be able to give more specific suggestions.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 17,458 times
Thanks for your responses! Her preferences for locations are: Winston-Salem, Greensboro, the Yadkin Valley and Asheville. I know she's been "googling" for months now...I was hoping that this could be more of a "word of mouth" option. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we're hoping somebody has some ideas that are maybe not so obvious and more off the beaten path.

Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 AM

138 posts, read 418,801 times
How about Castle McCulloch (www.castlemcculloch.com) in High Point / Jamestown? The Castle has a number of different venues and options, as well as their preferred vendors that make planning much easier. There is also the JH Adams in in downtown High Point (www.jhadamsinn.com). I attended an outdoor wedding there about a month ago and was pleasently surprised at how well they accommodated it.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 AM

Does she at least know what month she'd like to have the wedding in?

Winston-Salem, NC Weddings – Winston-Salem Wedding Planning – Winston-Salem Wedding Vendors
I'd suggest she try reading/asking fellow local brides in this forum to get some more ideas too... Triad, NC - The Knot Forums (http://winston-salem.weddings.com/boards/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=653 - broken link)

Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 AM

Another great way to save $$ is on the photographer. There are a ton of local photographers who are building portfolios. If they'd be willing to give her digital copies of all the pictures she can save $ by printing only the photos that she wants (now or in 10 years from the CD). Once she's picked the location, she could find the photographer via message boards, photography schools, artist listings on Craig's List, etc.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:12 PM

61 posts, read 165,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinncnc View Post
My sister is getting married and is having a very difficult time finding a place to get married in this state that isn't in a church, or doesn't charge an outrageous amount. She is looking for a place with (preferably) an outdoor site to have the ceremony that is scenic, quiet and not gaudy.

Does anyone have any ideas? She's pretty flexible with the location...but is located in the triad, so the western & central parts of the state would be easier.

Oh, and of course, it needs to be fairly inexpensive. Thanks in advance for your help!
I'd recommend the Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden in Greensboro, especially if it's a spring wedding. It's stunning in full bloom, and it already has a permanent wedding gazebo. You'd probably need to call the Parks and Rec dept. with the city of Greensboro for event reservations.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 8,686 times
Tanglewood Park is a great suggestion--I'm actually having my wedding there next year, and they have several different indoor and outdoor options for wedding and reception, depending on the size. I looked around quite a bit as well, and found the pricing to be very reasonable, especially considering what's included.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM

138 posts, read 418,801 times
I should of thought of this before, but try contacting a florist and asking them. I've done a lot of work with Cindy & Barb at Keepsake Florists in Greensboro (www.keepsakebouquets.net). They specialize in weddings and I'm sure they could recommend a ton of great locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point