U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM

273 posts, read 568,083 times
Default What day is Trick or Treat in Winston Salem?

Is it officially Saturday or is it scheduled for Friday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 AM

580 posts, read 1,989,524 times
Since Sat. is actually the 31st, I'm only planning to have candy to hand out that night.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 AM

254 posts, read 558,484 times
Maybe I'm easily confused, but is this a serious question? Are there places where Trick-or-Treat happens on days other than the 31st? Is there a commission that decides the "official" day of Trick-or-Treating?

Old 10-30-2009, 06:48 AM

1,992 posts, read 2,918,473 times
When it falls on Sunday, I think people usually "designate" a different day for trick or treating. But when it's on Saturday (the perfect day of the week, IMO), I have no idea why the OP would think that it would be a different day.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Really? Never heard of that. I think I remember it being on a Sunday 4-5 years ago and got plenty of visitors. If anyone showed up at my place on a day other than the 31st expecting candy, they'd definitely not get any.
Is there a better day than Saturday or Sunday? It's the weekend! It's not as if parents even let their kids truly enjoy Halloween anymore, so they wouldn't need to worry about school on Monday morning because they finish trick-or-treating so early. I see kids these days going out when it's still light outside, and that's something we never saw when I was a kid.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 AM

273 posts, read 568,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohaagen View Post
Maybe I'm easily confused, but is this a serious question? Are there places where Trick-or-Treat happens on days other than the 31st? Is there a commission that decides the "official" day of Trick-or-Treating?
Yes, serious question. I know several neighborhoods that are having trick or treat on Friday. One would only assume it is on Saturday, however, places do trick or treat on different nights than one would think obvious. I just haven't seen anything on times for trick or treating at all this year, when it's usually fairly well advertised.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:14 AM

It seems like that would terribly inconvenience some people, if you go to one neighborhood on the 31st and they tell you , "Sorry, we have candy tomorrow." And then you go there on the 1st and continue to the next neighborhood and they say, "Sorry, we had candy last night."

Is this the work of children who are looking for ways to get more candy? Spreading Halloween over an entire weekend?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,776 times
I personaly am going to be giving out candy on both days. Beacuase i am VERY confused with this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point