Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 02:13 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times

Advertisements

Because of the pay wall on the Triad Business Journal website it says a bowling alley is planned for a Triad mall but doesn't tell you whether its Hanes or Four Seasons. On a NC bidding website it lists Four Seasons. Its an effort to help boost traffic at the mall. With the closing of Belk there has been a drop in traffic add to the fact that people prefer to shop at Friendly Center and more people are shopping online. Amusements and entertainment was something I suggested a while back to help reinvent the indoor shopping malls. This is a cool idea but I still prefer a smaller upscale cocktail lounge bowling alley downtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...wling-and.html

Bid on Round 1 Bowling & Amusement - Four Seasons Mall in 125 Four Seasons Town Centre Greensboro | North Carolina Bid Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 03:22 PM

239 posts, read 306,003 times
That's a nice start but a lot more entertainment will have to be put in and around the mall to keep it alive. first they need to put a satellite police station in the four seasons parking lot then go from there. It's to close to downtown and the coliseum to just let it go under.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:24 PM

A top golf would fit perfectly in four seasons to go along with the round 1.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:28 PM

I looked at the company website. They do really good ptojects. It should be the nicest bowling alley on the city. Greensboro already has three.

http://paradigmae.com/

Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I looked at the company website. They do really good ptojects. It should be the nicest bowling alley on the city. Greensboro already has three.

http://paradigmae.com/
How do think a top golf would fit up there at the mall?

Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM

120 posts, read 158,562 times
Sounds good to me. At least it's something interesting.

Like you, I would prefer an upscale version of the bowling center and a comedy club downtown. Preferably something that reminds me of the one in Bellevue near Seattle, Washington. I used to frequent the comedy club there.

Looking through the website and some other US locations, this looks like something that would be fun, though. I love the karaoke room idea and would probably go. As it is, I hardly ever go to four seasons. This might change that.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
Sounds good to me. At least it's something interesting.

Like you, I would prefer an upscale version of the bowling center and a comedy club downtown. Preferably something that reminds me of the one in Bellevue near Seattle, Washington. I used to frequent the comedy club there.
I mean it's only 2miles of that away from downtown so I'm fine with the location but yes I woul like more then just this.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:11 PM

120 posts, read 158,562 times
Not quite upscale but this actually will be a really interesting addition. Looking through the photos and this location's yelp reviews, it seems like a Japanese style Dave & Buster's. I love all the Kawaii prizes. I'm actually excited for this now.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/round1-puen...ty-of-industry

Last edited by KL77; 06-27-2017 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
How do think a top golf would fit up there at the mall?
I think something similar to a putt putt indoors would be great for the kids. In bigger cities they are going far beyond bowling and golf. We are seeing mini amusement parks in some malls that have roller coasters and waterslides. I doubt Four Seasons will go that far but i think its a good idea for them to consider something like that. There are no roller coasters in the Triad so it would be a regional draw. Greensboro had one roller coaster at Wet n Wild Emerald Pointe called Hydra Fighter 2. It was a suspended water interactive coaster but they dismantled it and sold it to the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach because of constant breakdowns. Years before Hydra Fighter 2 they had planned to install a traditional wooden roller coaster at Wet n Wild Emerald Pointe. They bought the coaster from an amusement park that closed down in Virgina and even had the coaster laying on the ground in sections at Emerald Pointe. The never assembled it and ended up selling it.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:08 PM

Since I couldnt get beyond the pay wall of the business journal I did my own research.

Its going to be A Round One bowling alley and entertainment center. Its a Japan based bowling Alley and Entertainment Center that entered the U. S. Market about 7 years ago. The Triad Business Journal says a Japanese firm is building it and will be the first North Carolina location. It looks like it will be a little more upscale than the other three bowling alleys in the city. It will include billiards, ping pong, arcade, kids zone and other entertainment. The closest Round One bowling alley is in the Atlanta area.

Round One Entertainment Inc. | Round1 is a state-of-the-art entertainment company offering fun the whole family can enjoy.

The website list Four Season Town Centre as a future location
http://www.round1usa.com/location/

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-27-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point