U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 6,957,721 times

Advertisements

Dear Time Warner Cable Customer:
We are always looking for ways to offer our customers the highest quality and best value.You expect excellence in your entertainment and communications services, and we strive to exceed your expectations.You also want the best value possible, and that's why we work very hard to control costs.

When costs rise, we need to pass on some of these costs to our customers to maintain the high level of service you expect from us. Sports and broadcast programming costs are by far the largest contributor to price increases. Due to continued rising costs, prices for some services will increase on your next bill statement. Please refer to the chart below for adjustments to Time Warner Cable's monthly prices. If you are currently receiving a promotional discount for services, your discounted price will remain in effect until the end of the promotional period.

Time Warner Cable is focused on developing new products, features and services that take advantage of the latest technology to keep you connected, informed and entertained.We offer a variety of cable tiers that provide choice and value in addition to a wide selection of compelling original programming. Our award-winning Road Runner® service is second to none in terms of speed, reliability and content. And now, Road Runner High Speed Online customers can take advantage of PowerBoost™, which provides an extra burst of speed when downloading large files. Many of our customers save hundreds of dollars annually by taking advantage of our bundled service options and Price Lock Guarantee packages.You can learn more about our bundled service options at YourTWC.com

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Time Warner Cable.

Sincerely,
Time Warner Cable

Service From - To
Broadcast Cable $ 9.50 - $ 10.40
Digital box $ 7.20 - $ 7.00
Digital remote $ .30 - $ 0.34
DVR Service, primary outlet $ 9.95 - $ 10.95
DVR Service, additional outlet, each $ 5.95 - $ 7.95
Road Runner Lite $ 24.95 - $ 27.95
Road Runner Basic, bundled with Cable or Digital Phone $ 32.95 - $ 37.95
Road Runner High Speed Online, bundled with Cable or Digital Phone $ 47.95 - $ 49.95
Earthlink, bundled with Cable or Digital Phone $ 47.95 - $ 49.95
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 AM

273 posts, read 850,553 times
One reason I just dumped my cable service and am using online content and bunny ears for TV service. Can't say I miss it. My personal favorite is the cost of the remote is going up by $.04. Really, the $4.00 remote that you've used for years went up in price...yeah right. If Roadrunner wasn't the fastest service I can get right now, I would have ditched TWC completely, hopefully I can in the coming years.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM

254 posts, read 825,488 times
Yeah, when FiOS and ClearWire are available at their top speeds and introduce some competition into our market, I think I'll be done with TWC. I've been without cable TV for years, relying on the internet, Netflix and OTA broadcast TV (total cost about $60/month), and the thousands I've saved are just gravy compared to the fact that I no longer need to call TWC every month to ask why my TV has no signal (I'm really not sure why their RR is more dependable; I've had no outages in more than a year and avg. DL speeds around 12mbps). I own the modem, so no "leasing" cost either. Bottom line - they need real competition. We need FiOS.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 12,161 times
What other choices are there that is faster than time warner? I'd like to switch as well.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 PM

Internet? None that I'm aware of. I think Windstream and some other DSL providers advertise 10+mbps DL speeds for some choices, but you shouldn't expect it to perform as well as advertised. FiOS will provide faster speeds, as well as TV programming, but so far Verizon has refused to disclose plans for implementation in this region (unless there's been a recent change). ClearWire, after rolling out WiMAX service, will have the potential for faster speeds, but will for the foreseeable future limit speeds to below 10mbps (from what I've read). For TV, there's no other option, unless you're a satellite cheerleader. I've tried both DirecTV and Dish Network and wouldn't wish those experiences on my worst enemy. Clearly, many satellite subscribers are not as picky about audio or video quality and seem very pleased with their service.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 AM

627 posts, read 1,863,678 times
I do Netflix. $18.00 a month for "unlimited" dvds (3 at a time). Watch TV shows on dvd without commercials and you can watch the whole season in a week if you want. Also, you can get a Roku Player ($99.00) and stream unlimited movies to your TV for no additional subscription cost.
We love it.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:49 AM

As cheap as the PS3 is right now, I'd recommend it over the Roku. I bought mine years ago primarily as a gaming console, yet I probably use it for gaming just 5% of the time.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM

62 posts, read 150,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohaagen View Post
Yeah, when FiOS and ClearWire are available at their top speeds and introduce some competition into our market, I think I'll be done with TWC. I've been without cable TV for years, relying on the internet, Netflix and OTA broadcast TV (total cost about $60/month), and the thousands I've saved are just gravy compared to the fact that I no longer need to call TWC every month to ask why my TV has no signal (I'm really not sure why their RR is more dependable; I've had no outages in more than a year and avg. DL speeds around 12mbps). I own the modem, so no "leasing" cost either. Bottom line - they need real competition. We need FiOS.
Another unhappy TWC customer here. My internet/cable goes in and out frequently.....very unreliable sometimes. The TV seems to have a good signal but the internet leaves much to be desired...I would post more if it were more reliable. Had the cable guys out here several times; they checked the connection, "boosted the signal" (LOL...yeah right )", put in new connections, etc. I got the free modem they handed out and still have issues here. We have told them several times that we probably just need a whole new cable changed, but it seems they keep going the cheap route. I pay over $110/month for cable/TV/internet and use Vonage phone line on it. I wish he had other, more reliable options. If I had a home-based business using the internet, I would be out of business because my cable/internet is unreliable.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 AM

24 posts, read 42,877 times
I am assuming AT&T U-verse is not available in the area? Their service is superior, in every way, to cable.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM

U-verse, like FiOS, is not available in the area. I think Raleigh has it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point