Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 09:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

I highly suggest you visit the house of one the pioneers of North Carolina the Late R.J. Reynolds he didnt get to enjoy the house he died I think of yellow fever but his wife did live there. But his wife did and she contributed to the comunity by building a church and school, both are across Reynolda Village (it reminds me of Birkdale).

Unlike Biltmore you have free roam of the house and can have an audio tour of the mansion. It is a beautiful home even has a dumb waiter but the sun room is my favorite and the indoor pool is pretty cool.
It also an Art Gallery so you can check out the various art work.
I thought it was kinda hard to find but it is nestle back where the historical marker is on Reynaulda Road in Winston Salem. It not to far from Old Salem if you want to Check Old Salem out for Christmas.
It also has a botanical garden in the spring you can check that out maintain by Wake Forest.
It also decked Out for Christmas.

I bet this legislation to ban smoking has Mr Reynolds to row over in his grave
Reynolda House
They have candlelight tours this weekend

Its funny my high school took a field trip to the RJR plant to see how cigarettes was made

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-11-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM

254 posts, read 925,292 times
I think I'd prefer a dumb waiter, so I'll give it a shot. I'm sick of hearing them rattle off incessantly about things about which I couldn't care less. Too often, it seems the afflictions from which they suffer are either deafness or blindness. I rarely encounter a waiter who is mute.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
lol
I think we are referring two different things. It a compartment shelf generally in the kitchen to pull up a plate of food to the second floor with cables

Old 12-12-2009, 01:16 PM

322 posts, read 666,836 times
I don't think Reynolda Village compares to Birkdale whatsoever. It is real, built of real, solid materials, whereas Birkdale Village is all fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point