U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,619,354 times

Advertisements

i have to be honest, we sometimes go to burlington for some shopping necessities, but if i want to go to the mall, i go to southpoint. i dont want to offend anyone, but i find burlington kind of "ugly" (sorry). i am sure it is a nice town, i just dont see anything pretty or charming about the areas i have seen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM

8 posts, read 15,393 times
New to forum. Looking to relocate in 2 years to NC. Any input on the amount of current housing construction and remodeling being done in the greater Charlotte area. Boyfriend is a general contractor. I'm self-employed and can take it with me.

Thank you!

Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,720 times
Default Burlington is Cool, very cool...

Burlington is great, the new mall at I 140 at exit 140 with many new restaurants and lots of shopping. They have better schools than Greensboro area, lower taxes. go Kayaking or Canoeing at Lake Mackintosh. Baseball. Check out Burlington's website: Burlington, NC - Official Website Also, great prices on homes in nearby Elon.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,636 times
Talking Burlington Is Great!!!

Hello, my name is Melissa. I am originally born and raised from the Sunshine State, Florida...but reside in Burlington and I have been here going on 15 years. I LOVE IT!!!! Some people call it Borington some call it other things but that is because they are not taking advantage of what Alamance County has to offer. If you moved here to Burlington you will find that either way whether to Raleigh or Greensboro you are going to have access to anything and everything. Burlington is great and it is growing, our small mall that originated on Huffman Mill Road is actually still "the small mall" BUT...we have upgraded and Univeristy Drive now holds the big new Theater and all the great stores that were once in the small mall and have actually expanded some. Now...things to do here is completely upon the person that moves here...there are many things to do here in Alamance County and if you have a great adventurious mind and love the outdoors we have Cedar Rock Park which is a great place to take the family...our Burlington City Park is absolutely the greatest and it has rides for the little one's and a small train that goes around the track. There are parks everywhere. Just down Highway 62 you can learn and view The Battleground if you are about History...which is awesome...and of course the great little stores that are run by small business owners that are downtown that you can walk. If you are a church goer there are great churches here of any and every religion and the greatest thing is when you join a church here you will know just about everyone you come across. The schools are great here in Alamance County. Great people and great location what do you have to lose...except a great Community. Burlington Welcomes You With Open Arms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcha View Post
I am considering burlington nc. I have heard theres nothing to do there. I know theres a zoo in greensboro and a water park too. I have kids ages 5 and 10. Greensboro is only 20 mins away. I love raleigh area. My husband hates the loop area raleigh with all the congestion of traffic,because this would be my 1st choice. Also houses are way cheaper in burlington nc. Charlotte is nice but to big of city. I like concord and possibly mooresville.
I am aiming at burlington.
Tlcha

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 PM

779 posts, read 2,931,334 times
I like Burlington and the people I've met there. I think NC involves a lot of travel to see the great things. each town or city has its thing, it's flair or sense of being laid back. Enjoy it! If you want to go go go go go go ....maybe it's better to just GO to a different state! LOL!

The NC zoo is in Asheboro, it's 45 min away from where we live, so it makes for a wonderful family outing. You just learn to take things in different doses is all. You cherish and revel your experiences instead of looking for the hottest, newest thing. And if things get too "boring" you can create! There's plenty of opportunity for the creative opportunist.

Good luck in your decision. My 2c would be: visit and take pictures and talk to people face to face. You'll get a much better feel for your "area."

Old 10-22-2009, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,343 times
Burlington is TERRIBLE. Don't come here, period. We hate it! It stinks. What more can I say. The North is much nicer than the south. Slavery, gangs. You name it.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 AM

779 posts, read 2,931,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickMills View Post
Slavery, gangs. You name it.
LOL?!?!?! WHAT are you talking about??? I know Burlington is known to be boring to some, but SLAVERY??? The schools are better up north, so their history books are updated, doofus!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,198,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
LOL?!?!?! WHAT are you talking about??? I know Burlington is known to be boring to some, but SLAVERY??? The schools are better up north, so their history books are updated, doofus!
C'mon sushi. I see slavery everywhere. In the fields picking the cotton. Sometimes the gang members help them out before they rob them.

Burlington has it bad points but the historic district is great and there are many nice areas. I guess it comes down to what you like.

Oh, gotta go. The slaves and gang members are fighting on my doorstep.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 9,713 times
Pick Mooresville ,Right next to Lake Norman better choose toward Charlotte I would hate to see you bored the rest of ya life

Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM

6 posts, read 14,617 times
Burlington is a bedroom community nits very quiet. all the actionn is happening around along 85/40 the closer you get into the core of town, things get dead.......there is no public transportation (which I think is crazy for a twon with to 60,000)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point