U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:34 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,931,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZforester View Post
Since we're on the topic of Burlington, I've got a couple questions. As I posted in this same forum, it looks like I'm going to have to move to NC for work and Burlington was mentioned in a reply to my question regarding a location. Not really concerned about entertainment or shopping as I currently live in the middle of thousands of acres of NF so I'm sure whatever's in the area will be more than I'm used to, but how's the late 30's singles scene? Would it be possible to rent a decent house with enclosed garage for somewhere up to $800/month? Are there any pubs, taverns, or whatever you call them that are within walking distance of the housing areas? I would love to find a place you could by pizza by the slice and a cold draft. It looks like Burlington might be the largest place that's doable within the area they want me to live, so your comments or suggestions are appreciated.
I noticed that you are from AZ and in your late 30's....same age as me...however you are wanting to relocate to NC..and Im wanting to relocate to AZ. Can you me pm me regarding AZ as far as nightlife/Cost of living/Culture & Diversity/etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 PM

4 posts, read 12,119 times
sent you a PM

Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,469 times
Hi,
Is your house still available? Thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,638,458 times
Old thread an all but I got to say if you think Burlington is boring now, you have no idea how much more stuff there is compared to even 10 years ago.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,418 times
Burlington is nice and Mebane is even better! The nice thing about the Burlington/Mebane area is that you are centrally located between the Raleigh and Greensboro area and also between the beach and mountains. You don't have the big city traffic to drive thru daily which is a plus, but you're not too far from it.

[mod] tos violation [/mod]

Best of luck in your decision!

Michael

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-28-2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Nothing to do in Burlington , unless you want to spend money shopping all the time. If you have small children, then you can find something to do. But for older teenagers, there isn't much for them. I guess that's why there is so much crime here.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 621 times
check out Elon or Whittset NC close to parks and Alamance Crossing for things to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point