Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 7,734 times

Advertisements

Hello, I recently accepted a job in Greensboro and will be moving to the area. I am a young professional, in my early 30's and single. I dont know anyone in Greensboro, and would appreciate any info regarding apartments. Can anyone give me a few suggestions about apartment complexes, or areas to avoid. I want to be a in a nice neighborhood.
I hope this will be a good place to get connected with other young professionals and I also hope there are some good churches in the area.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 02:22 PM

61 posts, read 165,501 times
The areas around UNCG (College Hill, Whiskey District, etc.) have a good mix of graduate students, young professionals, and young families.

Can you be a little more specific with what you're looking for (i.e. rent a home or typical apartment complex, etc.). How long of a commute are you willing to have (can you give the general area where your job will be)?

I'm happy to answer any questions you have as best I can. You might also consider contacting synerG and speaking to one of their reps. It's a social and professional networking organization specifically for young professionals.

synerG - Greensboro, North Carolina Young Professionals - Social and Professional Networking

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,734 times
Thanks so much for you help. I will be working in downtown Greensboro. I am intersted in renting at a typical apartment complex at the moment. I would really prefer a house, but I may wait for a while. I would really like to live within 10-15 miles of my place of employment, if possible. I heard Kernersville is a decent area. I have an apartment guide and a few that looked appealing are: Battleground North, Blackthorn apts, Bridford Lake, Grand Summit, Juliet place, Legacy at twin oaks, Lincoln Green, Park Place, and Rehobeth Pointe. I just want to be sure I am in a safe area.

I really appreciate any info!!

Old 12-21-2009, 02:05 PM

Kernersville may be a bit too far to fit within your 10-15 mile criteria. Right off the top of my head, I'd say Lincoln Green would be a good choice. I've known several people who've lived there, and the apartments were all nice and staff was very attentive. It's in a safe area, and is close to shopping and restaurants. Downtown would only be about a 15 minute drive. And Lincoln Green is right next to Guilford Military park, which has great trails for walking and jogging.

Most apartments in that general area of the city (the 27410 zip) would be a pretty good choice for safety, proximity to shopping and restaurants, etc.

I'll give it a little more thought and get back to you with some more suggestions.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,336 times
I used to live at Bridford Lake Apartments. They're nice. There's a lot of nice apartments in the area around Bridford Lake. If I were to move back to Greensboro I would live near the Wendover Ave area again which is where Bridford Lake Apts. is. Adams Farm is also a nice, planned neighborhood which has an apartment complex amongst the houses. There are also plenty of areas to walk there.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 9,104 times
Rent a place in Country Club Condos. Minutes from down town and good people hanging out here in the court yard. There's a rather large Methodist (?) Church a minute or two down the road.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStateDeac View Post
Rent a place in Country Club Condos. Minutes from down town and good people hanging out here in the court yard. There's a rather large Methodist (?) Church a minute or two down the road.
The Country Club condos are nice and they would be really convenient for you if you're going to be working downtown. They have a good mix of renovated buildings from the 1930s to newer buildings built just a couple of years ago.

Good safe area, right next to the tony Irving Park neighborhood.

Awesome 1st Flr/Corner Condo Near Downtown G'boro (http://greensboro.craigslist.org/apa/1517737993.html - broken link)

layout

I've seen one bedrooms listed on craigslist before for as low as $700.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,931 times
Latham Park manor is very nice, near downtown and excellent price.

Apartments in Greensboro North Carolina: Latham Park Manor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point