Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 07:06 PM

8 posts, read 27,631 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I (and our two small dogs) are moving to the Greensboro area next month from New Hampshire. We already have jobs in Greensboro (I found a job down there and my wife is tranferring down there with the company she has been with for the last 15 years). We need to find a house rental for at least one year until we find a house to buy. I do not know anything about Greensboro or the area towns. We are looking for a safe neighborhood to live in Greensboro or in a nice surrounding small town where we don't have to worry about crime and we can walk the dogs in. Just a side note, I am old and a realist, so I know there could be crime anywhere you go. But I also know there are still safe neighborhoods out there, too! We are looking at around a $1000 a month or less (2 to 3 bedrooms, 1.5 to 2 baths, fenced in yard would be nice too (the dogs would appreciate that!)). So far I have a house on Dunleith Way (near Pisgah Church) in Greensboro, a house in the Adams Farms sub-division and a house in Summerfield lined up to look at when I get down there next month. Can anyone please let me know what they think about these neighborhoods/towns and any other areas I should look in??

Everyone that I have spoke to on this forum has always been helpful to me in the past and I appreciate your help this time in advance! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Default Need some help

Can anyone please help me?? I just need some opinions on the neighborhoods I listed in my original post and any other neighborhoods/area towns that you think would be a nice and safe place to live. I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:56 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,248 times
Check this web page (http://www.greensborolandlord.com/members_web_sites.php - broken link), all are members of the Greensboro Landlord Association.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 5,756 times
Hi there. I am new to this forum and I just happened to see your post. I live 10 miles from Greensboro in Kernersville. I love it here. Send me a PM and I will give you my tele. I am willing to help you.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:58 PM

5 posts, read 16,522 times
I used to live in the Lindley Park neighborhood in Greensboro, and found it safe and walkable, with many houses for rent.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM

5 posts, read 16,522 times
BTW, here's a good place to start looking for house rentals - gsorentahome.com

Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Thanks, everybody! I have to get a rental house pretty quick because we already have five showings setup for our house in New Hampshire! We've only had it on the market for a week. Our realtor is shocked!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 PM

Need some quick help! I saw a house on Cates Drive off Wendover in Greensboro. Can anyone tell me if this is a nice safe neighborhood. It looks nice but I do not know this neighborhood.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Cates Drive is off Wendover West by the way. Thanks again.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:20 PM

37 posts, read 238,127 times
overall gso is very safe. just stay away from east side of town, south of lee street, etc.

wendover and i-40 cross is shopping area and south of that is jamestown and high point, all the way to hw68 are all nice area to live. the neighbour beside Wendover Costco is also good (edith ln, shelby dr, but apartment and townhouse, not sure if what u want)

hope this may be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point