U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:50 AM

11 posts, read 22,805 times

Advertisements

I have to agree. I have a child in the Mebane area high, middle and elem school and I LOVE it. I know most of my children's teachers personally and all of their friendís parents. My son is a junior at EAHS and loves his school dearly. Because it is small and not as competitive as CH schools, he is in the top 5% of his class and will most likely receive at least a partial scholarship. If we were in CH, where it is obviously more competitive, he would not be ranked so high. There is no doubt that CH does a much better good on EOGís and SATís, but that is okay. I will take a good quality of life any day over test scores.

As for Graham, the Graham name is all encompassing for a huge area that frankly the postal service just doesnít know what else to call it. I doubt they would like the City of Graham, but if they are looking for 1-acre lots, they are most likely looking more to the south of Graham. I love this area, because it is a quick trip to Durham, CH, and Greensboro, but not so congested that it takes forever to get somewhere. We do have Target, Starbucks, and other businesses in the Alamance Crossing area that is growing daily, not to mention the new outlet center coming to Mebane.

I have been here 10 years, and I never want to live anywhere else. It is a great place to live.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 AM

31 posts, read 87,119 times
Downtown Graham is like a time warp..........love it!

How about a 3 dollar movie sitting in the balcony ?!?! http://www.grahamcinema.net/

Forgot to lock the car????? No worries.................your stuff will still be there................even next MONTH. Laffin'............

and then walk next door to the Happy Days burger and malt shop http://www.grahamsodashop.com/LunchSpecials.htm

Just another 10 buck evening for families that don't gut-hook themselves on the Chapel Hill bait and switch myth...............

Last edited by dimecovers3; 01-08-2010 at 06:54 AM..

Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM

11 posts, read 22,805 times
I had a realtor tell me that too when I moved here in 1999 and she could not have been more wrong. I love it! I live in Mill Creek. Have had kids in all three schools.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 AM

43 posts, read 99,428 times
We live in a new subdivision in Graham and also love the "quiet" life. We are right in the middle between Mebane and Alamance Crossing but less than an hour from Raleigh. There are townhouses, and houses both in our area near a golf course. Also love the Graham Soda Shop menu. Great service and great food.
Happy with our choice.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:14 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,047,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo.countiss View Post
I have to agree. I have a child in the Mebane area high, middle and elem school and I LOVE it. I know most of my children's teachers personally and all of their friendís parents. My son is a junior at EAHS and loves his school dearly. Because it is small and not as competitive as CH schools, he is in the top 5% of his class and will most likely receive at least a partial scholarship. If we were in CH, where it is obviously more competitive, he would not be ranked so high. There is no doubt that CH does a much better good on EOGís and SATís, but that is okay. I will take a good quality of life any day over test scores.

As for Graham, the Graham name is all encompassing for a huge area that frankly the postal service just doesnít know what else to call it. I doubt they would like the City of Graham, but if they are looking for 1-acre lots, they are most likely looking more to the south of Graham. I love this area, because it is a quick trip to Durham, CH, and Greensboro, but not so congested that it takes forever to get somewhere. We do have Target, Starbucks, and other businesses in the Alamance Crossing area that is growing daily, not to mention the new outlet center coming to Mebane.

I have been here 10 years, and I never want to live anywhere else. It is a great place to live.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

You forgot to mention the Buckhorn Flea Market, perhaps one of the largest Hispanic fleamarkets in the state, a great place for those who are students of the Spanish language, or just those looking for bargains. The sheriffs dept estimates that 25,000 people per weekend visit there, ......that makes the flea market "Pulga" in Spanish, about three and a half times larger than Mebane, the host city.
I speak Spanish without a "Gringo" accent and really enjoy a "walk in the Marketplace",el mercado, it is an adaptation of a Mexican cultural event, the people are friendly, the seafood and veggies are fresh, and the prepared foodstuffs are delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point