Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,282 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Winston Salem for 2+ years, and am wondering if there is any kind of social group for folks who just want to get out and meet people. NOT a cheesy hook up scene, but just normal people who meet for a drink after work or go hiking, etc. ANYTHING? I have never lived anywhere and had such a hard time meeting people! I know there must be other professional 25-45YO folks out there who are wondering the same thing... where are you? Please tell me I'm not the only person without a mini-van and 2.4 children in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
When I lived there I met most of my friends through a church I attended. It's a very active singles group but yes it is limited. They aren't going to meet you for drinks at a bar although they do go hiking... Overall too conservative for my taste but they were at least a nice group of people.
Calvary Baptist Church
Verge748
First Presbyterian Church, Winston-Salem, NC, Younger Adults

I live in Raleigh now and meetup groups are pretty popular here so maybe check to see if there are any in Winston. If there isn't you could always try starting one, The Dash (DASH DOWNTOWN! | The DASH ) might even be willing to partner in something like it since it kind of goes along with what they already do.

Reynolda After Hours is another good thing if you like the arts.

Winston Salem Sports & Social Club, Inc. - not sure if this group is still active.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Smitty's Notes

Meet Up Groups - Winston-Salem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point