U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM

10,411 posts, read 19,561,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimecovers3 View Post
"Booming" ???????

E-X-C-U-S-E M-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I meant was the population in the area is booming. As in, someone opened the floodgates into NC. no, I didn't mean the economy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 AM

627 posts, read 1,871,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Find a job BEFORE you decide to move to NC, that's the principal advice you will get, for a reason. Once you've got a job lined up, closer to the time you'll be coming, is the time to ask about specific apartments, etc. This area is booming and there could be entirely new buildings three years from now. Also, as we've seen in the past two years, the economy can change drastically in 3 years, so it's kind of far-off to be making relocation plans that far off unless you alrady have a plan in place.
Greensboro is #4 emptiest city in the U.S.
There is PLENTY of housing to choose from.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,110,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeindixie View Post
I am from the Northeast and lived for a few years in Greensboro Northwest area. I loved the town and community and found much to do there. The summers are quite warm but otherwise it is great. There are a lot of beautiful parks and neighborhoods. The county government however is insane and provides much amusement. The farmers market is terrific.
Ah yes, southern politics, an amusement form unto itself!! The southern garden is a much more appreciated endeavour.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:17 PM

236 posts, read 493,701 times
A word for the wise and those who have not clearly thought there move through. Do not come here expecting to find things that are familiar to your state. This is North Carolina. If you are approached to come to worship service. You are not obligated. Just use a kind and calm comment. Some areas are run down. We as North Carolians living in and outside of these areas will voice our opinions. Believe me changes will be made. If we do not speak out crime in one area will travel to another. Not in the form of a spirit or ghost. lol But in the form of people. Traffic in some areas maybe more than you are used to. Some cities may not have much to do. Many residences in these cities are probably working with there city council members to improve this. Crime... Join a neighborhood watch group or start one. Beaches maybe two to three hours from your city or town. Depending on where you are located. If others do not approach in a friendly matter. Don't become offended. Remember you are a newcomer and they have to get to know you. Some I have found are very friendly and informative. If you hear a Southern accent, remember this is North Carolina. Police seem stiff, cold, unmoveable, just plain slow. Go to the town hall meetings take your comments there and to the police chief. They are only human. Some are indeed corrupt. That means it is housecleaning time. Services not available that were in your previous state. How about mapping a business plan to start your own business? Gardener arrives at 7:00am instead of 9:00 am you are used to? Speak to him or the company. Explain how you have a small child or infant. High taxes comments are definitely needed to address this issue. Schools under par. Who do you speak with? Why the principle, school administrator, or the director of education. People we have to learn to adapt. Complaints can be made all day to each other. Yet nothing will be done. When making a comment or suggestion take documented information to substaintiate your claims. Hot air sometimes will be verified and many times not. Involvement in your community must start now and into the future. "Positives in brings positive outcomes." Want to become more involved go to this website for starters: http://www.charmeck.nc.us/living/home.htm Memories of your home state will always be with you.

Example: Your business or job closes down. You lose all friends and co-workers. Staying connected helps. The thought of having to acquire a new job or business is upsetting. Those bills are flooding in daily. Quickly you learn to adapt. Get the picture. Everyone have a beautiful day!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 PM

5 posts, read 7,294 times
Thank you eveyone. Yes, I will check back when my plans are more secure.

Great advice from one and all!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:22 PM

5 posts, read 7,294 times
Thanks to one and all for your wise words. I will check back when I'm more sure of what it
is I'll be doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point