U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:32 PM

7 posts, read 7,576 times
Default Any Information would help! (Moving to NC)

Any info would help. I am looking to move to the Greensboro area. I am from NY and moved to AZ and cant stand it any more. I might have some things lined up this up coming year. I will be out there (NC) in late April. I am also looking for a good Elem school. We have a 8 and 6 year old, so this is very important to us. I am unsure how far Kernersville is from Greensboro and I heard many good things about this area. Could this be considered? Sorry for the long Thread. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 PM

619 posts, read 1,267,399 times
Kernersville is about 20-30 minutes from Greensboro.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 7,576 times
Do you know where the best ( Public ) Elem school would be in greensboro? thanks for your time

Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 PM

2,288 posts, read 2,385,791 times
You know there is a thread about someone from AZ who moved to NC and is going back to AZ. Might be insightful before you make a big move.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM

59 posts, read 85,767 times
Kernersville is about half way between Greensboro and Winston Salem. It's a twenty minute drive from Greensboro. There are some great areas to live in Kernersville, which are close to ameneties and a few minutes to Highway 40. I've lived in Greensboro twenty years (moved from New Jersey) and love the area. My wife and I plan on moving to Kernersville this spring. As for elementary schools in Greensboro, Jesse Wharton and Northern are very popular and considered excellent schools. Also there are several magnet schools, including Brooks Global, where both of my children went. We were very pleased with the school.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,910 times
Default NC Schools

I live in Oak Ridge which is very close to Kernersville. That is actually where I do most of my shopping. As far as the schools go I suggest you check out this site: NC School Report Cards Kernersville for the most part would be under Forsyth County and Greensboro is in Guilford County. There are many good areas in the Triad (which is what this area is called) so don't limit your choices too much!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 PM

69 posts, read 91,379 times
Kernersville is about 20 minutes or so from Greensboro - nice area. I think K-ville is worth your consideration as well as Greensboro, Summerfield & Oak Ridge as a few prospective locations.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 PM

7,089 posts, read 7,819,704 times
There are as many options to the East of Greensboro as there are to the West, north and south as well. Elon, Graham, Chapel Hill, Mebane, Hillsborough.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM

69 posts, read 91,379 times
Default Alamance

I agree - don't overlook Alamance County & beyond - there are so many nice places in NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
There are as many options to the East of Greensboro as there are to the West, north and south as well. Elon, Graham, Chapel Hill, Mebane, Hillsborough.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:14 PM

263 posts, read 413,838 times
New York to Arizona and now to North Carolina. As Lynchburglover says you might want to check out the thread from the person moving out of NC for AZ. Personally I've found the negative threads more insightful than the positive ones.

You should consider what you can't stand in AZ. If it's the climate, then temperate and green NC might be your thing. If it's something else though, you might want to think things through a bit more.

North Carolina offers pretty much all types of living - from the bustling city of Charlotte to isolated mountain towns in the Appalachians. If you are sick of the suburbs in Phoenix, for example, and you move to the suburbs of Greensboro, then you aren't going to be happy. However if you are tired of Phoenix and want to try a smaller city, then Greensboro is a good choice.

It's important to figure out what's driving you out of someplace before you go somewhere else; otherwise you are going to find that you are just as unhappy at your new destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point