U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 7,543 times

Advertisements

I currently live in WV and am a physician assistant student and my wife is a nurse. We are looking to move to NC after I graduate in 2011. At this point we are just curious as to what neighborhoods to look into etc. I am really hoping for an insiders view as to the best places to live as well as the pertinent positives and negatives to living in this area. Ive read some of the data and Archdale and seem to like it so any extra on that area would be great. I would like to live somewhere like a suburb or semi rural area. I am looking to be relatively close to a hospital that hires PAs. I am also looking to be close to cultural places such as museums, parks, zoos, etc.

Thanks

CK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 PM

3,912 posts, read 5,365,437 times
No one else has jumped in so I'll tell you it is a little early to be focusing on areas. Graduate and find jobs before relocating; then decide on where to live. The most important part is having the job offer in hand before relocating. It's a tough world out there. In the meantime, read lots of these threads and you'll get a good feeling for each area.

The Triad is a beautiful area with lots of choice but in 18 months a lot can happen. Housing prices today may be wildly different in 2011. Could be higher, could be lower. With the government's growing involvement in health care, you don't know how that will impact salaries. So, since you don't know how much you'll be making until you have a real offers, you can't determine housing cost range, which obviously impacts where you can rent/buy.

Good luck in school.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:18 PM

3,912 posts, read 5,365,437 times
Sorry - forgot the link I left AZ 2 1/2yrs ago for N.C.I am coming back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point