U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM

28 posts, read 102,585 times

Advertisements

Recently, the place where I work at switched insurance companies. To my dismay, the dentist that we see all the time is out of network on this insurance. I called them at it seems that the only in network provider in Winston Salem is Dental Works. I was looking for online reviews, but I just found 1 (negative, by the way), and wondered if anyone on this forum goes to this place or knows anybody who does. Can you give me some feedback?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 6,958,366 times
I'll give you a review of the office in Lexington....sorry it's not the one in Winston-Salem...

Went to their office to check them out as this would be for my teenage daughter. I was impressed so I made an appoinment for the next week...they went ahead and gave me the paperwork to have filled out and bring with me when we come.

Came the next week and arrived 15 minutes early as requested.

Tic tock...tic tock....15 minutes later, at the time of the appointment we were still waiting...although we had checked in on arrival.

The receptionist was on the internet (her back was to me and I could see her computer screen...surfing the internet)

She said they would be with us in a moment. A few minutes later I went back up.... she wasn't so quick to turn around...we just left.

Geesh! Time is money, right? Mine is too.

So, we did not use them. Just felt they were unprofessional. Maybe they were overbooked- which they should have notified me as such when we checked in. Maybe they were running behind- which they should have notified me....maybe...who knows!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 PM

254 posts, read 825,572 times
I'm going off-topic in order to rant, but I am getting completely sick of people in customer service jobs surfing the net or texting or chatting on their phones while they're visible to customers. Drives me nuts! I was at a restaurant the other night, and one of the waitresses spent more time texting at the bar than checking on her tables. At Nordstrom in ATL last week, I saw a girl constantly reaching into her giant, furry boots to pull out her phone so that she could read and respond to texts. Even 10 years ago, this is a level of unprofessionalism you'd never see at Nordstrom.

OK. Rant over.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 PM

3 posts, read 109,651 times
This is a copy and paste of my review after spending a few hours sorting the garbage that they put me through today at the one in Greensboro."I went there early in the week. They gave me a printout of my charges after checking my insurance as to what would be covered and they set my appointment for two days later. Told me that a small co-pay was needed and that I had great insurance. Per their request came back for the extraction today. They then kept me waiting for over two hours in the dentists chair(literally). The doc then came in and briefly looked at my papers , mumbled HMO then quickly left. After no one came back for 10 MORE minutes I inquired for the 4th time as to what the hold up was. I was then told 5 minutes later that the oral sugeon/no one there takes my type of insurance then said that I would have to make an appointment with someone else. No apology for anything. "I understand" is not an I'm sorry", especially for causing me to miss work for the whole ordeal. The "lady" was rude and accused my wife for raising her voice when she didn't while trying to build an excuse for calling the police. Unintimitaded, I called the other doc and had "Miss office manager" fax over the info. RUDE is not the word and INCOMPETENT does not do this practive justice. This costed me time, energy, money, and my wife and I were treated like animals because the "office manager" as she called herself, wasn't grown up enough to apologize, know her job, or fix the issue when asked. No valid excuses can be made for the experience that I have had with this place and no apology was offered. They truly did not care and their actions have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt"Anybody doing medical work of any kind should show more caring about their job than the people in fast food restaurants. These people were worse than horrible, check other reviews here and there as well.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,279 times
I just started going to the Dental Works in Lexington and personally think the entire staff including the front office to be more than helpful.They all go out of their way for me and to make sure I am confortable. Dr. Black is awesome. Tammy the girl at the front very helpful everytime I call.I have been seeing them since the first of this year.Definitely worth checking out.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,729 times
Worst place to go.
I have been going to my own dentist for 5 years and recently change my work.
My dentist is not part of in-network with my new insurance company.
So I find this practice to be in network with my current insurance company.
I called and made appointment for routing cleaning, but they told me I have to come as new patient and see doctor 1st then they will do cleaning ( I have no problem with my teeth’s).
As a new patient you have to go 15 min early but that 15 min will be actually 45 min before you go in, then they greed you and take you in and do a lots of X-ray, after that Doctor will come and see you, he review my x-ray’s and ask the reason for my visit, so I explain that I been going to my own dentist regularly and have no problem. So he checks all my teeth and told me there is nothing wrong.
Then he said he will have dental hygienic to come and do the cleaning. After 15 min waiting they told me that they are busy and I need to re-schedule for another time I wasn’t happy when they couldn’t even come say hello.
I made another appointment for next week, and again I waited 30 min to go in.
Detail hygienic come into the room and start checking my teeth’s, and then she told me that I have a lots of problem and I should do deep cleaning and some other service. I got mad and told her that I was her last week and saw your dentist and he told me that my teeth’s are ok and also being going to my regular dentist for past 5 years and really don’t have any problem.
She insists that I do need those services. I told her I only need cleaning and she refuse to do only cleaning.
I got mad and left the room, and ask to speak to office manager and explain the situation she told me that she is sorry but that all they can do.
Don’t waste your time or money find another dentist.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,511 times
I have never had worse service in my life. I received the provider's name from my insurance company. I contacted the office to ensure that the oral surgeon was in network with my insurance company. After waiting for 60 days for an appointment, I followed up twice during that week to again make sure that the office would bill my insurance company. I was assured that the office was in network and their should be no issues with insurance. When I arrived on the day of the surgery, Dr. Best refused to bill my insurance company directly, despite his contract with my insurance company. My insurance company offered to provide the needed codes and assured Dr. Best's office that they could walk him through the process to bill them directly. His office surprisingly refused again and again. They tried to collect $2,500.00 from me on the day of the procedure. I decided to take my children to another in-network provider 80 miles away. This provider did bill my insurance company and the entire procedure was covered at 100%. Stephen Best and his office staff are unprofessional and willingly violate their contract with large name insurance companies.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:33 PM

97 posts, read 254,021 times
I've never been to this place because I asked around, too. All the negative reviews posted here? Exactly what people told me, almost word for word. They overbook, they usher people in and out in some failed attempt to be efficient since all they really do is get backed up with clients who have to wait much longer than they would if appointments were booked properly. More money in less time is their thing- the recommended deep cleaning? It's a glorified regular cleaning unless you have serious issues and a real deep cleaning requires the gums to be numbed. But if people don't know better, they say okay, if a cleaning is good then a deep cleaning must be better. They are "over-diagnosed" with more serious gum disease or other problems caused by long-term plaque buildup, get a regular cleaning and the insurance is billed for more money. One of my pet peeves is the fact that places like this could easily run an honest, professional practice and still make money but they aren't happy with that. They keep tweaking their business plan until they're making maximum profit for the least amount of work and all at the customers' expense.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,079 times
Dental Works in Winston Salem
I didn't like the service they gave,
The assistant that one who speaks Spanish she is so rude, and they don't listen to the clients if they are nervous of the proceedings and they want someone by they side they don't care, the only thing they care and want is your money.
BAD EXPERIENCE
I DONT RECOMMEND

Old 01-04-2016, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
I have used the office in Winston Salem several times and have been pleased with the service I received. Everyone was nice and efficient. No complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point