U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

Hi,
This is my first posting here. I am going to be a first time grandma soon.
Our Daughter needs your help please...she is having her first child soon.
She is our only child...she will be a single mom with no help from the father...It has been a hard pregnancy for her, physically and emotionally. She worries a lot about how she will be able to get the things (just the basics) that she'll need for her baby as she needs so many things.
We (My husband and I) will be helping our daughter all we can but with us being both disabled, once we buy our medications (those we can afford monthly), pay the electric bill, groceries,etc. not much is left for anything else.
I am not asking for money or any kind of monetary assistance....I am asking if anyone knows where we can get the items she needs for her baby donated to her or if anyone wants to help.
She needs baby girl items, breast pump, assorted baby items like all new babies need...blankets, bibs, etc.
Thanks so much
New Grandma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:14 AM

31 posts, read 87,085 times
www.craigslist.com is your friend

Old 01-10-2010, 07:41 AM

3,912 posts, read 5,364,271 times
Contact "Room at the Inn of the Carolinas" -- it's in Kernersville. They also have a web site. They may be able to recommend a similar pregnancy center in Mount Airy.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 01-10-2010 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: noticed op's location

Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 AM

870 posts, read 1,967,311 times
I would check with Salem Pregnancy. Even if they specially can't help you they can direct you where to go.
Salem Pregnancy Care Center

Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 AM

2,647 posts, read 6,083,157 times
You could contact Family Services in Forsyth County. I don't know if they serve your area, but if not they can certainly point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Welcome to Family Services Inc. of Forsyth, Stokes and Davie Counties, NC

Old 01-11-2010, 08:07 AM

28 posts, read 102,569 times
Smile Check for public help

There are many places where you can get help.

Go to the health department, WIC office, and they will help her with food vouchers and will provide a breast pump for as long as she needs it or they can give her Enfamil.

Due to the fact that her income is limited, she can also go to the department of social services and apply for food stamps, free or reduced child care, work training, medicaid for both the child and the mother, etc etc.

For clothes, have you considered Once Upon a Child? They have lots of decent baby clothing at a decent price.

Other sources of help are the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and if she needs to stock her fridge, you can order food at Angel Food Ministries, where you can buy $60 worth of food for just $30, and it's not the cheap kind but good quality.

This nation may have its issues, but one thing is for sure. There is always help for someone who needs it.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 AM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
Greensboro Urban Ministry

Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,546 times
Default We'll help

First of all, congratulations on being first time grandparents! We're sorry it has to be under such strined conditions. We'll be glad to help with some supplies such as toys, clothes, and blankets. If interested, please let us know at scottcindy0896@yahoo.com. Good luck to you

Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM

583 posts, read 2,606,437 times
FreeCycle is also another great resource for getting baby items. You can ask for specific items, or just "baby girl" things... and then there's always a ton of items being offered by locals.

The Freecycle Network

The local thrift stores are also filled with items that she needs. Try goodwill, salvation army, etc.

Last edited by erineieio; 01-12-2010 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: adding additional comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point