Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 PM

13 posts, read 26,115 times

Advertisements

I came to united States a year ago I am a legal resident, I have a degree in Business Administration with a specialization in marketing,I have experience in marketing I worked for a newspaper in my country, but I could not find a job in my field because my English is not very good yet I understand very well but I can not express myself correctly, I am currently taking courses in English to improve. I wish someone would give me some advice.. I've thought about doing volunteer work for any company (without pay )to gain more experience and also can be a good way to improve my English,but I do not know how do it
should I look for an internship or volunteer work???
how could I look for companies??? I live in North Carolina
how to offer my services, what can I put in my cover letter to be accepted??
Is it a good idea or not?
some advice please

Last edited by josi2968; 01-14-2010 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: bad ortogaphy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,931 times
Check out Reading Connections. It is a very good program.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Default Thanks!!!

Thanks for answering my question, you are very kind, I am going to call them, maybe they can help me find a job as volunteerhave an excellent day!!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:56 PM

69 posts, read 165,048 times
I don't have any really good advice, but I commend you for wanting to improve your English language skills. With your attitude, I'm sure you will do fine! My significant other teaches English as a second language to younger children here in Greensboro, so I understand the difficulty you are having - I am trying to teach myself Portuguese with Rosetta Stone, but just living here I think your English will improve by leaps and bounds with time.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Default thank you for you comment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourGreensboroHome View Post
I don't have any really good advice, but I commend you for wanting to improve your English language skills. With your attitude, I'm sure you will do fine! My significant other teaches English as a second language to younger children here in Greensboro, so I understand the difficulty you are having - I am trying to teach myself Portuguese with Rosetta Stone, but just living here I think your English will improve by leaps and bounds with time.
thank you for you comment!!! I realy hope that can be as you say, but sometimes is a little frustrating for me, and I know that learn another language is a hard work , maybe in the future someone may will invent a chip that you can put in to the brain and learn everything.. LOL

Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 PM

69 posts, read 165,048 times
Ha ha Let me know when they make the chip! I know when English is a second or third language it is very hard to to understand why we spell things the way we do or say certain phrases. They make an interesting phrasal verb dictionary you could pick up that will explain a lot of the odd little things people say in every day conversation. I had never seen anything like it until a few weeks ago.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Default sounds interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourGreensboroHome View Post
Ha ha Let me know when they make the chip! I know when English is a second or third language it is very hard to to understand why we spell things the way we do or say certain phrases. They make an interesting phrasal verb dictionary you could pick up that will explain a lot of the odd little things people say in every day conversation. I had never seen anything like it until a few weeks ago.
Sounds interesting I will look for it, also on the internet I have found very helpful tools there is a site.. Livemocha.. where you can do a lot of activities and interact with other people who want to learn your language and they exchange activities, you should try! can be helpful for you with your portuguese

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point