Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,522 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Verdana]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding buyer's contracts (real estate). My 9 month exclusive contract has ended with my agent, however there is a 180 day provision listed. The provision states that if I purchase a home that was "introduced" to me within that 9 month contract the agent still has rights to the commission. My question is what is the definition of "introduced"? She never showed the home nor did I ask her to do any work with this particular home. The house has recently dropped in price and now I am interested in the home. The house was only sent to me by her MLS account. Please HELP.[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 04:56 PM

69 posts, read 164,484 times
I'd say that by virtue of it being sent to you by her MLS account that may count as the procuring cause. The question becomes did she do something during the nine months of working together that made you dissatisfied with her? If you go directly to the seller, their contract (listing agreement) with the seller will probably state that the listing agent will get to keep the entire 6% or however much it is if you are unrepresented. It's a common misconception that you'll save money by bypassing a buyer's agent. Truth be told, I'd find it hard to believe that an agent would ever go after you in this situation for the commission, but it could happen. In listing and buyer agreements, if you sign a new agreement with a different agent, it nullifies any of those provisions. Hope this helps.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 PM

525 posts, read 2,116,401 times
What agent makes you sign a 9 month Buyer's Agency Agreement? The most I ever do is 6 months. Definitely don't skip having a Buyer's agent because that will be the only agent who is legally bound to represent your best interest. "Price and Terms acceptable to buyer" is how it reads. And at no cost to you- the commission is paid by the seller so if you use the Seller's agent, you will not only be properly represented, you will be making the seller's agent the full commission.

Here's a link that may help- this is a copy of the Working With Real Estate agent's form-
http://www.ncrec.state.nc.us/pdf/bro...ingwAgents.pdf
You may have signed it already but perhaps they didn't properly explain it to you.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point