Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,417 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm planning on moving to Greensboro in a few months. I keep seeing ads on craigslist for a various condo rentals at 415 Washington St in Greensboro.

Amazing upscale 1 Bedroom Condo, available January or February (http://greensboro.craigslist.org/apa/1559079491.html - broken link)
Amazing Luxury 1 Bedroom Condo, premium location (http://greensboro.craigslist.org/apa/1559171832.html - broken link)
gorgeous 1 Bedroom Condo utilities included (http://greensboro.craigslist.org/apa/1559157719.html - broken link)

However I'm unable to verify through Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, or Microsoft Maps that the condo exists ( by street view or satellite. ) Can anybody do the following?

* verify that there is a condo actually there
* take a picture of the exterior
* know what the name of the building is
* provide website/contact information for the complex?

I know I could ask the person on contact person on craigslist for these questions, but I'm really looking for independent verification without having to travel to Greensboro right now. I really appreciate your help if you can provide it.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Would that be east or west Washington St? Google Earth shows what appears to be condos @ 415 W Washington St.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM

61 posts, read 165,485 times
It's sketch. There is a condo building at 415 W. Washington, but these ads on craigslist for them are super super shady.

I had a friend who tried to get in touch one time and it didn't work, not to mention the same units also seem to appear in new listings on craigslist with different photos and floor numbers. It's very odd.

I'd say if you're interested in this building, drive by it. That's what we did and several of the units had for rent signs with valid phone numbers in the window. If you can't drive by, try calling Downtown Greensboro, INC. at 336-379-0060 and see if they can help you with this and other homes for rent downtown.

Good luck!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 9,309 times
I also saw these listings on Craigslist, and it did seem too good to be true. Apartment plus utilities for that price-I figured something must be wrong with them. I, along with my boyfriend, have tried a few times to get in touch with someone-however, we were never answered. We decided to take the GPS and go for a ride downtown. Once we got to 415 Washington, it was a 3 story building. There is a taller builiding about a block away, but I'm not sure that they are condos/apts, etc. No "for rent" signs anywhere. I find it odd that the listings are for 12th floor, 9th floor, etc...yet I couldn't find the building!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:43 AM

I drove by there today and I believe the units in question are at 411 W Washington St as 415 Washington St doesn't exist east or west. As the previous poster described its a 3-4 story building with rent or sale signs in some of the windows.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,096 times
415 W Washington St does not exist. A message to the Craigslist poster will get you a reply to visit a website and sign up for a bogus credit report. It is a scam, stay away.

411 W Washington DOES exist, and the condos there are decent.

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I'd hate for someone to get taken. I wish there was a better way to get these ads off of Craigslist. I report them when I see them, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbob1981 View Post
415 W Washington St does not exist. A message to the Craigslist poster will get you a reply to visit a website and sign up for a bogus credit report. It is a scam, stay away.

411 W Washington DOES exist, and the condos there are decent.

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I'd hate for someone to get taken. I wish there was a better way to get these ads off of Craigslist. I report them when I see them, but it doesn't seem to do any good.
Didn't I say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point