U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM

25 posts, read 54,299 times

Advertisements

I am from Ohio who moved to Greensboro and if you have never had a change to try the beer give it a shot.

Great Lakes Brewing Company announces its entry into the Charlotte/Greensboro markets of North Carolina starting the week of March 1, 2010! Visit the below locations to meet GLBC reps and sample GLBC's five year round beers: Burning River Pale Ale, Commodore Perry India Pale Ale, Dortmunder Gold Lager, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Eliot Ness Amber Lager!

GREENSBORO:

Monday, March 8, 2010
Stumble Stilskins: 5:30 PM
202 W Market St.
(336) 691-1222

The Pour House: 8:00 PM
360 Federal Place
(336) 333-2226

Tuesday, March 9, 2010
First St. Draught House (Winston Salem): 5:00 PM
1500 West First St.
(336) 722-6950

Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Coopers Ale House: 5:00 PM
5340 W Market St.
(336) 294-0575
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:52 PM

5 posts, read 6,468 times
Just wait for the Christmas Ale! Good stuff!
Colbepe - how long have you been here from Ohio? How do you like Greensboro? Thinking of moving here from Cleveland and trying to figure out how it compares. I'm an active single person who wants to go out and meet people, play organized sports and do outdoor activities to meet people so need some organization of this to help that. Not sure how much of this exists?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM

I have been here for 3 years and moved from the Akron area. You will notice that there is a lot of Ohio people here. Greensboro downtown is not bad and things to do on the weekend. It is more comparable to Akron or Canton night life then Cleveland though. I have not done many organizations so can not comment on that. We do have a Browns backer group here that has 60 or so members so that would be a good way to meet new people quickly.

Greensboro is 1.5 hours from Charlotte or Raleigh so if you need more night life you always have that as an option. For extended weekends off you can go to the beach 4 hours away or the mountains 2 hours away. So you have some options for the weekend if the night life here is not enough for you.

I like it here as you have a mixture of everything and of course the weather is a lot better. People are nice for the most part and the city seems to try to keep building up to make it a bigger place. It has a lot of people but just more spread out so it does not seem like it. There are softball leagues as my co-workers are in and a lot of Golf courses around if that is your thing.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM

8 posts, read 17,736 times
so akron or canton feel? i dont know if thats what i would like to move to. i mean they are both small and crime is horrible in both. are talking as fas as size or just in general? please let me know im thinking of moving from cleveland?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM

I am just talking about the downtown feel, not the crime and size. Like any area I am sure there are bad parts in Greensboro area, but where I go to I have not seem much. While Greensboro has around 250K to 300k of people, it is spread out to where it does not seem like that big of a city.

You would like it here just don't expect it to have the night life of downtown Cleveland, at least what Cleveland use to have before all the crap that killed some of the warehouse district and the flats.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 AM

598 posts, read 1,523,010 times
Also bear in mind that Greensboro is close to Winston Salem, so its most like having Akron joined to Dayton rather than just the one. Plus the area is on a upswing versus down, so there's always something new opening.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:42 AM

450 posts, read 928,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Also bear in mind that Greensboro is close to Winston Salem, so its most like having Akron joined to Dayton rather than just the one. Plus the area is on a upswing versus down, so there's always something new opening.
Well,if we're joinng Akron to Dayton, what do we do with Columbus? I know, cede it to Mexico, why not?, then the bazillion of them in central Ohio can finally pay taxes to somewhere.

Last edited by xnyer; 05-22-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point