U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,023 times

Advertisements

I have a three year old that has a cavity that needs to be crowned - - I am not finding any local pediatric dentist that allow parents with children during procedures - - I understand why this is thinking that the parent may be over-protective or child may act worse with parent in room - - but what about the Numerous accounts of Child Molestation that happen daily by authority figures?? Did anyone catch Dr Phil today???? Can anyone help me find a good dentist for my three year old that will allow me to stay with her??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM

676 posts, read 2,802,355 times
Did you try Dr. Gina Spangler's office? Or Dr. Tina Merhoff's office? They both seem to be where every mom I talk to sends his/her child in Winston-Salem. I had my 3 yr old son's teeth checked at Dr. Spangler's office and it was out in the open, but it wasn't for a procedure. I did notice they had private rooms, but the one I was closest to had the door open ajar. I don't remember if the parent was there or not....

Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 PM

164 posts, read 313,044 times
Dr. Spangler's website is some what frightening to me.

Q. What if a child misbehaves during treatment?

A. Occasionally a child's behavior during treatment requires assertive management to protect him or her from possible injury. Voice control (speaking calmly but firmly) usually takes care of it. Some children need gentle restraint of the arms or legs as well.

Honestly, I don't think a child who is anxious or panicky during treatment is "misbehaving"

Any dentists out there that don't accuse an anxious child of being naughty?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 AM

10 posts, read 38,199 times
Talking Pediatric Dentist

hconner23, I just gave this advice to my daughter for the same question. It is your right as a parent to be with your child at all times. Just let the dentist know on the phone while scheduling an appointment, that yes, you WILL be in the same room as your child during the visit. Plain and simple. If they do not like that, then find one who understands. Make a few phone calls.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,023 times
I made a dozen + phone calls for HIgh Point and Greensboro - - Found One!!! Dr Jeffries @ 871 Huffman St Greensboro, NC 27405 (336) 230-0346 Welcome to Perry L. Jeffries, D.D.S., and Associates, PA - Kids Dentistry ...I Strongly Recommend!!! They were Super with my daughter and it was Soooo comforting to be there with her. She is a 'tough one' and put up a strong strong fight (which I feared she would do) They were super with her and wrote a prescription for a med that will help to make her sleepy/drowsy and more calm on next visit. Thanks for all your support and I agree with ALL - - if you cannot find one that will allow you back - - keep trying - - we as parents are there to support and protect our kids and if we do not, who will?? It was hard on me, but I know it was of some comfort to her. Thanks again and God Bless!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 PM

6 posts, read 9,508 times
You might want to try Dr. Sullivan he's on pinedale rd. in Greensboro www.bestgreensborodentist.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point