U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2010, 02:01 PM

1,492 posts, read 4,627,148 times

Advertisements

Have decided to start shopping at these stores, but one is in WS and the other in GSO- both a ways from where I live in Thomasville.

Is one better than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM

11,439 posts, read 6,486,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Have decided to start shopping at these stores, but one is in WS and the other in GSO- both a ways from where I live in Thomasville.

Is one better than the other?
Not really (I've shopped at both). One may have brands the other doesn't have but both are comparable with some different ammenities. I recommend trying each and make your own decision.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 AM

620 posts, read 1,345,980 times
I've only been to Earth Fare, it's OK. I like Deep Roots better.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 AM

59 posts, read 92,743 times
Earth fare is just OK. Whole Foods offers so much more selection.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 4,627,148 times
I went to Earth Fare yesterday....$323 was the bill. I knew organic was more expensive....just didn't know it was triple.
{but you have to expect that with 1st purchases of oils/spices and such...those you'll keep a long time in the pantry}

Still think it will be worth it.

Next week I'll go to Whole Foods...try it out.

I must say that the $6.00 carton of orange juice.... the best tasting oj I've ever had!
And I the 'doritos'- the first few are good but afterwards they start to leave a bad taste. My daughter said- it will make it so I don't eat as much.....hey! She's right!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 8,513 times
I like Earth Fare. They're always running great coupons if you sign up for their weekly newsletter.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM

525 posts, read 1,403,718 times
Earth Fare good, and I find it a little cheaper than Whole Foods. Deep Roots is a locally owned Co-op and it's good too. I find the Farmer's market downtown or the one on Sandy Ridge Road to be great for veggies. Also, on Market Street there's the Fanta City Mall and it has a place called Super G which has a great selection of international foods, if that's your thing. Good luck!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 PM

273 posts, read 593,214 times
I think that Earthfare has a more "humane" and "vegan" friendly selection of foods compared to Whole Foods. While both offer good store branded organic selections, Earthfare seems to cater more to "know where your food comes from" crowd and Whole foods is getting to be a healthy with some organic store. I've not YET been to the farmers market in Thomasville, but that might be a place to try also for local organic food.

Living in WS, we tend to shop at Whole Paycheck, I mean Foods, but this weekend my wife and I made our first REAL shopping visit to Earthfare. Comparatively, I think Earthfare came out ahead of WF in many areas including price.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM

62 posts, read 121,922 times
Have you looked into Trader Joe's....they are in Cary and Charlotte which is probably farther for you but you may find it worthwhile....they have excellent products AND great prices....

Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM

583 posts, read 2,051,588 times
It's probably too far from Thomasville, but if you or others are out and about near Lewisville you might try Mostly Local Market. It's definitely a much smaller scale than the stores that you were asking about but it's also locally grown meats, veggies, etc.

Welcome to the Market!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point