U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:19 AM

9 posts, read 14,414 times

Advertisements

We are looking for houses! We live in Atlanta so it's about a 6 hours drive for us to go look. I do have a some that will attend school...eventually. Right now, he's only 18 months old.

My husand is being transferred to Winston-Salem, we have our Georgia house on the market so we're just waiting for it to sell. We're looking all over the area, soem houses in Clemmons, some house in Winston and Lewisville a well (in the Meadowlark district). Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 AM

9 posts, read 14,414 times
I made some spelling mistakes! We have an 18 month old SON! Not some....

Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,323,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingtoClemmons View Post
Yes you did

It was only a matter of $20K.

Clemmons West would have been worth it for sure. It just seems cleaner and more of a community there.
WOW...I live in Meadowbrook and have always thought exactly the opposite. The 20K difference must have been depending on one particular house, as I know that there are many houses in Meadowbrook that cost more than those in Clemmons West and vice versa.

I hope you enjoy Meadowbrook...it is a very laid-back, friendly neighborhood. I live on Springfield Dr, you?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM

62 posts, read 169,105 times
Carafaythw,
The house and the neighborhood are certainly primary factors to consider regarding where exactly you would like to live. However, you should be aware that property taxes in Forsyth County can be twice as much as other close by counties. My wife and I relocated here about 2 years ago. We looked at the Meadowlark and Century Oaks subdivisions (very nice areas by the way) and became aware of the "very high" property taxes compared to other areas. Just some food for thought.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 AM

2,656 posts, read 6,117,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdr View Post
Carafaythw,
The house and the neighborhood are certainly primary factors to consider regarding where exactly you would like to live. However, you should be aware that property taxes in Forsyth County can be twice as much as other close by counties.
Not sure where you're getting your numbers, but "twice as much" is quite wrong. Here's a link to NC tax rates by county: http://www.dornc.com/publications/5yr_tax_rates.pdf

Forsyth County's 2009-10 rate is .6740. The lowest adjacent county rate is Davidson County's .5400, for a difference of .1340. For a $100,000 house (just to keep the math simple), the difference is $134 per year. You'd spend way more than that on gas on the commute into Winston-Salem from Davidson Co. Note also that Forsyth isn't the highest rate among its adjacent counties; in fact three of these counties (Guilford, Rockingham, and Yadkin) have higher property tax rates than Forsyth.

Understand that I'm not knocking the surrounding counties at all. There are lots of good reasons people choose to live there and commute into Winston, but property taxes isn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point