U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 AM

12 posts, read 38,272 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good CSA program in the WS/Clemmons area? I'm interested in joining one this season but have not been able to find any reviews of the good ones or ones to avoid.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM

108 posts, read 334,519 times
I was just on the Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food site and they have a long list of CSAs near the Winston-Salem area. I'm in the same boat as you, so feel free to share any info you might get along the way!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:15 PM

583 posts, read 2,606,933 times
I've not been able to find anything online that would help you pick the best CSA, hopefully others will be able to lend their thoughts from previous experiences.

I thought that NC Farm Fresh or Goodness Grows General Store might be helpful, but they don't seem to have categories for CSAs. They could point you in the direction of local farms/markets though.

Along these same lines, you might try a fairly new farmer's market in the area. Krankies Farmers Market(Krankies Local Market | Facebook) will begin on April 20th and will be every Tuesday until November (10am-1pm). They'll be closing the block for the market each week and will have local farmers on both sides of street (Patterson Ave--between 3rd and 4th Street). The market is organized by Triad Buying Co-op Inc., and they visit each of the farms to make sure the products are truly local. Some of the farms at the market might also do CSA? If that's the case, it might be good to try before signing up.

The Triad Buying Co-op is not a "CSA" but it might meet your needs as well with getting local produce. Triad Buying Co-op

Old 04-12-2010, 10:38 AM

Here's another thing to look into...
http://forsyth.ces.ncsu.edu/files/li...ntBrochure.pdf

You might also try contacting your county extension agent and see if they can provide any additional information. If you're in Forsyth: Cooperative Extension Service

Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM

12 posts, read 38,272 times
Thanks for the suggestions. Since I posted this we joined the CSA at Callahaln Farms in Mocksville. We get delicious produce and eggs delivered to our house every Tuesday. Every Monday Farmer Dave sends out an e-mail so we know what we'll be getting. This is great since I now go to Krankies every Tuesday and I don't duplicate any items.
I've met several people who are in the CSA for Shore Organics and are very pleased with the quality of products. I buy from him at Krankies and can vouch for the deliciousness, especially the lettuce!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,732 times
check out [URL="http://www.viennameadowsfarm.com"]www.viennameadowsfarm.com[/URL] located in Pfafftown, 3 miles north of Lewisville. 10 miles from I-40 at Clemmons exit and less than 5 miles from Reynolda Rd in Winston-Salem. All the usual favorites in vegetables and herbs plus quite a variety of heirloom and heritage vegetables and herbs.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to add an additional suggestion which is fairly new.

Piedmont Local Food
Piedmont Local Food

It's not a "CSA" but actually more like an online farmer's market. You shop/pay online for products from local farms, orders are placed by Tuesdays and delivered to a local drop-off location on Thursdays of the same week. No minimum order, no membership fee, and you don't have to purchase every week.

We've tried a variety a products and have enjoyed everything so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point