U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,890 times

Advertisements

RE: Rush Kennel under investigation, 97 dogs seized in raid april 8, 2010

Finally, after months of undercover detective work by the Sheriff's Department of Guilford County, NC, WFMY channel two news in Greensboro NC, has reported that the true nature of Sheila Rush's Rush Kennel, has been revealed: puppy mill. Hopefully, justice has finally been served in the name of the helpless, innocent animals, she created and abused. I hope that her puppy mill and those like hers will be shut down forever.

NEWS STORY:
Update: Pleasant Garden Kennel Under Investigation digtriad.com | Triad, NC | Local and State News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
Thanks for posting this.
But we will not have justice for the dogs in puppy mills in N.C. until we have a law to address these problems. Senate Bill 460 the "Puppy Mill bill" would require licensing for breeders to promote accountability.

more info here:
Commercial Dog Breeder | North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare

Old 04-10-2010, 05:42 AM

2,647 posts, read 6,083,157 times
Interesting...I saw a TV news clip on this and realized that the woman charged was on an episode of "Wife Swap". It's not a show I regularly watch, but I did happen to see most of the episode she was in just to see what the show is about. She is a certifiable nut. She treated her dogs better than her husband and son. The husband was forced to sleep in another room so she could sleep with her 5 or 6 dogs. She prepared gourmet meals for her dogs, while her husband and son were forced to fend for themselves with frozen or fast food. She bathed with the dogs, and spent thousands of dollars on them for dog clothes, fancy collars, etc. Her "pet" dogs got the royal treatment, but now we learn that she apparently abused many others. Disgusting.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM

41 posts, read 95,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Interesting...I saw a TV news clip on this and realized that the woman charged was on an episode of "Wife Swap". It's not a show I regularly watch, but I did happen to see most of the episode she was in just to see what the show is about. She is a certifiable nut. She treated her dogs better than her husband and son. The husband was forced to sleep in another room so she could sleep with her 5 or 6 dogs. She prepared gourmet meals for her dogs, while her husband and son were forced to fend for themselves with frozen or fast food. She bathed with the dogs, and spent thousands of dollars on them for dog clothes, fancy collars, etc. Her "pet" dogs got the royal treatment, but now we learn that she apparently abused many others. Disgusting.
Yep...that would be a nut.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM

59 posts, read 137,691 times
Now, to make it even worse, the woman who owns the place has filed a lawsuit to get back eight of the dogs, supposedly her "pets". My guess is her best breeders. I hope they lock her up and throw away the key.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 AM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgso View Post
Now, to make it even worse, the woman who owns the place has filed a lawsuit to get back eight of the dogs, supposedly her "pets". My guess is her best breeders. I hope they lock her up and throw away the key.
Not likely. Animal abuse laws in N.C. are a joke. I don't if you are familiar with the case in Greensboro about the puppy that was burned alive. The guy that burned her got 4 months in prison. The way that the law is written, animals are property and the guy that burned the dog would have gotten more jail time for burning a couch. It's insane.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,062 times
I saw dogs being abused today at the dog park. The owner of the violent dog did nothing.
It happens all the time but when people call animal control or the police, nobody shows up until it's over and most of the witnesses are gone. It's a shame. My dogs have been attacked but they are big enough to defend themselves. I feel sorry for the medium and small dogs that are continually terrorized and injured.
The worst two are a german shepherd named Max and a Rhodesian named Thor.
Expect your dogs to be scared,hurt,or worse by these dogs.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
Just stumbled across this site. We bought our beautiful dog Dixie.. a 5lb mini toy black poodle. When she was 6 months old she had to have her C1-C2 vertebrae fused together by screws to the tune of $5,000. We were told it was a genetic defect. When I contacted Rush kennels they got defensive and said their breeding had nothing to do with Dixie's condition.

I am so so so glad this place is shut down and other dogs don't have to suffer.... by the way... Dixie runs our household and we would never think of replacing her much less replacing her with one of their dogs. She would have died there as I am sure so many of them did.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,242 times
I purchased an Italian Greyhound right before they got raided. She had severe behavioral problems and was terrified of women for the longest time. Thank goodness I was working from home at the time and was able to sepnd alot of time with her. Rush kennels took my deposit and never kept me in the loop. They conatacted me last minute and said I HAD to pick my puppy up on Christmas eve. When I told them I was away for the holidays they tried charge me an outrageous daily boarding fee for a puppy I hadn't even seen. When I threatened to get my attorney involved they quickly sang a different tune. When I finaly did pick her up she looked sick and malnourished I cried all the way home. I guess I am one of the luck ones though, Ruby is now five, healthy, vibrant and loved. That was a horrific experience and I get angry just reading these other posts. They were nothing short of crroks and I am glad that justce was swift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point