U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 PM

5 posts, read 14,868 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are looking for a venue to host our wedding reception next spring, somewhere in the winston-salem area. I'm just finishing up school, so the budget is a pretty big concern for us. We're looking for a venue for 100-150 people, and we would really like to be able to bring our own alcohol/catering. We were thinking of having an outdoor ceremony, with an indoor reception, so if the venue has an attractive outdoor area that would be awesome. If anyone has any suggestions we would reallllly appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 AM

302 posts, read 537,269 times
try the Manor House at Tanglewood (has a terraced area behind it), or I've even been to a wedding and reception at Hanging Rock Park bath house..

Old 04-17-2010, 04:58 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
Tanglewood is an excellent idea. I'd also suggest one of the many area wineries. Most of them have beautiful properties. Just google "Yadkin Valley wineries" to find them.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 14,868 times
Hi,
Thanks for the replys!! We had actually tried to book tanglewood, but they had no availability next April.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks again!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 AM

138 posts, read 367,228 times
Deacon Tower (the Wake Forrest football stadium) is surprisingly nice but you have to use their caterer, which is EXCELLENT by the way, but it does not really fit your outdoor/indoor plan. The facility is really quite nice though, I'd recommend checking it out just in case you change your mind. PS I'm not a fan of the Deacons, but I'd still recommend the place anyways.

Hilton Garden Inn off of Hanes Mall Blvd is another nice place, again not exactly what you are looking for but worth checking out in case you decide to change plans.

I've Heard Bermuda Run Country Club (next to Tanglewood) is nice, but unlike the the first two, I've never been there personally. This may fit the bill for what you are looking for, but I've heard it is quite pricey and I'm not sure if they allow non-members to host an event or not.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 PM

583 posts, read 2,606,933 times
Here's a few ideas...
Wedding Venues in Winston Salem, North Carolina (NC)

What about the gardens of a bed and breakfast? Local vineyards are also a good option.

You might also try creating an account on theknot.com and using their messages boards to find out what other local brides with similar ideas are planning

Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 AM

302 posts, read 537,269 times
Graylyn is a beautiful place too..the grounds are spectacular, and any number of rooms can be hired for reception purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point