U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 07:26 PM

320 posts, read 460,562 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me suggestions on good apartment complexes in Greensboro, NC? I am moving to Greensboro in August and I have been researching apartments online using www.apartmentratings.com, www.apartmentreviews.com, and previous posts on city-data. I am having a tough time narrowing down my options since most places have lots of negative reviews and those that are positive have comments like "the property manager posts here." SO, I figured I would ask for someone who has personally lived at an apartment complex (or knows someone who has lived there) to tell me whether its worth checking out or not. I am single, with no kids or pets so schools and dog parks are not a concern for me. I will be a graduate student at UNCG so I prefer a location near UNCG within my budget range of $500-600/month. Preferably 1 bedroom w/ den. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 AM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
Latham Park Manor or Lindley Park Manor would be 2 excellent options.
Both are 1 mile from UNCG, next to parks, in great neighborhoods and $515-$525 per month for 1 bedroom.

Fidelity Realty, Co.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 PM

61 posts, read 149,451 times
I would try craigslists and see if there are any private homes that you might be interested in. Before I moved I used to live near the Whisky District (Walker Ave and Elam). The area is close to UNCG, on the bus line with a direct route to UNCG (which would be free for you as a student), and has a great neighborhood feel with corner grocery store (Bestway - Best beer selection anywhere) and great bars and restaurants.

I would try Campus Crossing if you're looking for more traditional apartment Campus Crossing Apartment Homes

Or I'd search Craigslist to maybe find a small bungalow to rent from a private landlord, which is common in that area.

Good luck!

Old 04-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Thanks! I'm also looking for a washer/ dryer connection in the apartment. I'm surprised at how many apartments don't have a w/d connection.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM

627 posts, read 1,863,348 times
NCBarrister suggestions, Campus Crossings has washer & dryers.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 PM

Thanks!

Is the downtown area usually populated with lots of college students? I'd rather not live in the midst of all of the college students, but close enough that I can access it easily.

Any comments on Ashland apartments, managed by McKinley? Located 10 minutes from UNCG.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM

Heard parking is a nightmare on campus. So, I'm starting to look closer to campus, where I can walk rather than drive in. Thanks for all of your help. Who knows how I would've done all this apartment searching w/o the help of this forum. Though, its still a tough choice to make from so far away. Going up to visit Memorial Day Weekend. Hopefully, I can settle on a place then... Thanks!!

Old 05-17-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,914 times
Default Looking for good/safe apartments also

I am moving to Greensboro and I'm looking for a safe apartment complex-- 1 bedroom-- where I can still access downtown-- anywhere between 500 and 700. I was wondering if you had found anything BlueLuce because I am having the same problems with ApartmentFinder.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM

331 posts, read 691,142 times
It's not in the immediate UNCG area, but Hunter's Chase apartments on Big Tree Way are wonderful. I lived there while I went to grad school at UNCG and loved it. The units are affordable, well-kept and QUIET! The drive isn't too bad (15 mins each way) and I often used the Park&Ride lot across the street from the Coliseum.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 AM

4 posts, read 16,113 times
I lived in an apartment with my fiance for one year when we move here before we bought our town home. We lived in Lincoln Green Apartments off of New Garden Rd. near the Guilford Courthouse Military Park, Lincoln Green*- index | Apartments - Greensboro, NC. At the time she had just started her undergrad at UNCG. She was in a situation where she could afford a commuters parking pass to park in the park in ride lots. The apartment was excellent. We had respectful neighbors, the grounds are mature with nice large trees and greenery everywhere. The community is more older adults out of college, maybe in between marriages...etc. We were down at the pool every weekend during the summer and everyone was real cool. It's been 3+ years since we have lived there and things may have changed, but in terms of apartment experiences go that was the best I had after living at 3 other places in Cary, NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point