Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times

Advertisements

We're still trying to find our church home, having moved to the Triad a few months ago. We live near Wallburg, in northeast Davidson County. Ideally the church would be fairly close to home, but will travel just about anywhere in the Triad for the right church for us. We've been to Summit Church; C3 Greensboro; Connections Church (a new church that meets at Ledford Middle School).

We're primarily looking at non-denominational churches. We prefer a contemporary service (very upbeat tempo for the music), with a traditional Bible-based message. Ideally, the church would be diverse, in particular with regard to race, age, and income. We have a 5th grader, so kids/youth programs are important. We loved our church in Greenville NC, where the mix of members/attendees was similar to that of the community at large - racially diverse, a very wide range of ages and incomes, etc.

C3 Greensboro is probably the best match so far, but we want to make sure we don't miss out on trying other great churches. C3 has been the most welcoming, though I was impressed with Connections in Wallburg as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,131 times
i have NO idea how this works, but I am in search as well. I hope you get this and I can find out what your results were. I have been in search for over a year and have yet to find that "feeling" of ahhhhhh. We have tried SO many churches, took a break, and are now back in search. I have not yet gone to C3, but that is my next spot. I want diversity, upbeatness, no cultish feeling. What did you find?? Love to hear!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM

479 posts, read 835,692 times
http://www.westoverchurch.com/ I've heard Westover Church off Muirs Chapel Rd in Greensboro is all of the above.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencmom View Post
i have NO idea how this works, but I am in search as well. I hope you get this and I can find out what your results were. I have been in search for over a year and have yet to find that "feeling" of ahhhhhh. We have tried SO many churches, took a break, and are now back in search. I have not yet gone to C3, but that is my next spot. I want diversity, upbeatness, no cultish feeling. What did you find?? Love to hear!
Diversity can be a challenge. We so miss our church in Greenville, NC, which was diverse in race; age; economics.

I like C3, and my wife really likes it. And it was the one that our daughter (11 years old) liked the most. I would prefer one closer to home (near Wallburg); C3 is ~25 minutes away. That won't stop us from attending; I just had hoped to find something closer. I was briefly concerned after seeing at least one comment online about C3 being into the "prosperity doctrine," and I questioned someone there - they said they do not subscribe to that, and I haven't seen any hint of it so far. It think it's definitely worth checking out.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
http://www.westoverchurch.com/ I've heard Westover Church off Muirs Chapel Rd in Greensboro is all of the above.
Looks like average attendance at Westover is around 3,500/week (don't know how up to date or accurate this site it, however). This may or may not matter to people looking for a home church.

C3 is a couple hundred average attendance, I'm guessing.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,695 times
I do agree with the “cookiejar” I used to attend CC years ago when PD was a humble man. Then I believe greed set in when he wanted to build bigger and higher. He had a love for Israel and that seemed to wane. Then the services were all about asking for money to build the Bridge, thats when I noticed pd was not there alot and always seemed sickly. I invited family to church and the music was so loud you could feel your heart pounding in your chest. I had one friend that we had to leave and asked why the music so loud and was told we could get ear plugs..ear plugs? why should we have to worship Yahwah and then plug our ears?..When questioned, we were told “hope you find what you are looking for somewhere else”. It is very controlling church and do not want the input of the members. Why should we scream songs to the Lord and cant even hear the words?..This is So upsetting not to mention dangerous to ones hearing. I also dont understand why they are no longer called CC. I love that movement and I dont believe the Bridge is anything like it....so sad to see pastor david fall into this.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,911 times
Default David McGee, In Short....

Quote:
Originally Posted by former ccot View Post
yes, be careful should you decide to visit ccot. Just keep your eyes wide open. What shines is not always gold.
in short, i was encouraged online some time ago, asked for some study literature for free as i was hard pressed to donate but did offer something. Thing is a $10 button is not an option as they say give what you can or what the spirit leads you to give...there are no buttons for $10 or even $20...long story short, when i called them out on offerings for the ones who can't afford to give...they rebuked me by saying-well we prayed for your family didn't we!! I was shocked...stay away from pastor david mcgee...he is an actor much like bruce frank/asheville nc @biltmore baptist church...these men are power hungry and narcissists!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 PM

5 posts, read 6,233 times
I know this was a post from years ago, but wondering the name of the church you went to in Greenville, NC as we are looking for something like that here now.
Thanks!

Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncmeg1118 View Post
I know this was a post from years ago, but wondering the name of the church you went to in Greenville, NC as we are looking for something like that here now.
Thanks!
Sent you a PM.

You may request this be moved to Eastern NC sub-forum, as this is the Triad sub-forum. Or you may find threads in Eastern NC that will help in your search.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
I realize this is an old thread that has been sort of updated from time to time. But I just wanted to say that my wife and I attend Westover Church, and it has been an absolute blessing for us. While it is a big church, it offers plenty of opportunity to meet new people and to help build small groups who meet weekly for bible study. Pastor Don Miller's sermons are absolutely fantastic, and I have learned more about the bible from his sermons than I have in all my 40 years growing up and attending church regularly.

As far as the comment made about non-denominational churches being baptist churches in disguise, this one started off as Presbyterian. However, Westover truly does encompass the beliefs of all denominations, but focuses, mainly, on the maturation of Christians in the word. There have been all sorts of different religious backgrounds to come to Westover: Roman Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Assemblies of God, Methodist, etc...it is one of the first churches I have ever attended that doesn't spend time talking about how one Christian sec is wrong and the other is right, it focuses on God's word.

Anyway, I encourage anyone to attend Westover Church. Check out the sermons online. Check out the music ministry. I think you will see that it's a blessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point