Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM

7 posts, read 32,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiejar View Post
Calvary Chapel of the Triad is an absolute cult in every way. Great for new believers, terrible when you get sucked into serving there. You are basically a slave once you serve, and anyone that thinks differently then the pastor is in sin and running from God. Basically a cult of personality Church, that on the surface, looks and almost acts like a bible believing/teaching church. But once you are serving, you will be "assimilated" and programmed to act like some of the unholy people that are groveling for power there, right "Pastor" Nick?

I heard that the security are now carrying a gun there, is that true? And now "security" is called some politically correct name now. Why on earth does a church need to have to have someone welding a gun, I thought we were supposed to rely on the Lord for our protection! Unbelieveable! Started out great, went to the pastors' head, pastor now is surrounded by 'yes' men after he purged everyone that disagrees with him, no accountablity there whatsoever. Just ask them for their financial statement and question how much the Pastor makes, or where the money goes, you will not get a straight answer, if any answer. Pastor is unapprochable also, if I was there, I would leave ASAP. But pray for the people that are still there.

Message for the people serving there and want to get out: You cannot leave without a fight. No one has left CC peacefully, except the ones that have moved, so be strong about it. They will tell you that you are in sin and running from God and will tell you not to tell anyone the reason you left. Don't believe for one minute that "no other churches teach verse by verse" that is the biggest lie PD ever taught. This will be my final message, as I will be barraiged by the deceived inner circle. But let this be a warning to people that even consider going there. Looks great on the surface, beneth the surface are decption and lies. Remember, according to them, you are in SIN if you do not agree with the Pastor. Scariest situation I've ever been in, and from all accounts, it is getting worse.
I would have to agree with you. I'd stay clear of that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 AM

57 posts, read 247,648 times
I heard that Trinity Church in G'boro is supposed to be a great non-denominational church. It is over on W. Friendly between Jefferson and Muirs Chapel.

Here is the google map link: 5200 W Friendly Ave, Greensboro, NC - Google Maps

Old 11-18-2008, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 12,779 times
There is a great church call Christian Bible Fellowship on Hwy 70. They are Bible based and are non-denominational. The church is based only on the Bible and the people are welcoming. Phone-449-5900

Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM

109 posts, read 389,223 times
My favorite church in the Triad as is First Assembly of God in Winston-Salem.

www.firstassembly-ws.org

They have awesome contemporary music and worship.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 PM

29 posts, read 101,138 times
I'd like to invite you to Community Bible Church (which isn't a Baptist church *L*) that is located on the western edge of High Point. Even though I live in WS, I can get there in 17 minutes and have been attending since around '95. We are a very strong, growing church full of young people and kids, and therefore very strong programs for kids and youth. We have a children's pastor and a youth pastor (intern) plus an adult pastor, music & arts pastor and senior pastor (who has only been here about 6 months now).

I'm involved with the mission's committee (global) and the choir. Every Christmas we do a "Carols by Candlelight" which is a big "shebang" *L* Please, come check us out and if possible, attend Carols.

It's a non-charismatic but spirit filled church with a blend of contemporary and traditional styles of music. I could go on and on...but you need to check it out yourself.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 8,936 times
Default Westover Church

Hi,
I'd recommend trying Westover Church off of Muir's Chapel. Don't be put off by the large size -- people there are very friendly. There are numerous ways to "plug in", and once you start to know some people (from a class or a small group or something) it doesn't seem so huge. It's also strongly bible-based.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,278 times
Yes, be careful should you decide to visit CCoT. Just keep your eyes wide open. What shines is not always gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiejar View Post
Calvary Chapel of the Triad is an absolute cult in every way. Great for new believers, terrible when you get sucked into serving there. You are basically a slave once you serve, and anyone that thinks differently then the pastor is in sin and running from God. Basically a cult of personality Church, that on the surface, looks and almost acts like a bible believing/teaching church. But once you are serving, you will be "assimilated" and programmed to act like some of the unholy people that are groveling for power there, right "Pastor" Nick?

I heard that the security are now carrying a gun there, is that true? And now "security" is called some politically correct name now. Why on earth does a church need to have to have someone welding a gun, I thought we were supposed to rely on the Lord for our protection! Unbelieveable! Started out great, went to the pastors' head, pastor now is surrounded by 'yes' men after he purged everyone that disagrees with him, no accountablity there whatsoever. Just ask them for their financial statement and question how much the Pastor makes, or where the money goes, you will not get a straight answer, if any answer. Pastor is unapprochable also, if I was there, I would leave ASAP. But pray for the people that are still there.

Message for the people serving there and want to get out: You cannot leave without a fight. No one has left CC peacefully, except the ones that have moved, so be strong about it. They will tell you that you are in sin and running from God and will tell you not to tell anyone the reason you left. Don't believe for one minute that "no other churches teach verse by verse" that is the biggest lie PD ever taught. This will be my final message, as I will be barraiged by the deceived inner circle. But let this be a warning to people that even consider going there. Looks great on the surface, beneth the surface are decption and lies. Remember, according to them, you are in SIN if you do not agree with the Pastor. Scariest situation I've ever been in, and from all accounts, it is getting worse.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 17,055 times
Calvary Chapel of the Triad leadership (PD) was so bad that even the CC headquarters in Costa Mesa decided to pull the plug on them last month. Now they are called "the Bridge". You will not get a straight answer from the leadership (PD) why this happened, they will just say "same church, different name". That is because they are hiding something, otherwise why not just state the details of why this happened on their website and facebook accounts? I guess all those Calvary Chapel of the Triad 1000s of bumper stickers will have to come off all the vehicles now. I think it all has to do with gross mismanagement of money, and abuse of power. If you are still going to this church, answer one question. Why, after so many years of PD explaining and promoting Calvary Chapel would they be told from corporate Costa Mesa to change the name? I mean what's PD going to talk about for the first 1/2 hour of service? Also, what is the average time a person stays on staff at this place? Just about everyone has turned in their resignation, this church is directly operated by the DEVIL.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,699 times
Smile Recommendation for a great church

The Bridge (formerly Calvary Chapel of the Triad) is a great church. Check it out at The Bridge - Home Page and see and listen for yourself.

Sure, with thousands who have loved it over the years, a handful would likely fall out of love, or disagree, or be get accidentally hurt by someone, and leave with a bad attitude. It's certainly not for everyone, and they'll be the first to tell you that. They'll even recommend other churches if you want a different flair or style. They just want to help people follow Jesus and help change the world for the better.

They have a great impact in the community -- social assistance organizations, government agencies, and even other churches will recommend people come to The Bridge when they need benevolence.

They handle finances very well. They don't even pass a plate during services and way less than 1% of time spent there is focused on giving. Yet they are blessed as evidenced by the strong financial ratings given by Great Nation Investments -- a biblically run company who put together the bond issue for the new facility. In addition, The Bridge voluntarily pays for a detailed independent financial audit each year which has never found any problems. How many churches do you know do that?

The really good news is that thousands of lives have been changed for the better -- even those who may be sour for a little while now. It laughable to call this anything other than a loving body of Bible-believing and and teaching Christians who are passionate about reaching others with the love of Jesus Christ with an unwavering commitment to teach the Bible as the Word of God.

I've been in literally hundreds of churches, and spoken with hundreds of pastors. It's extremely rare to find pastors and people so committed to not only teaching the Bible, but putting it into practice in their everyday life with enthusiasm. They sacrificially spend a significant percentage of income on missions outreach beyond any possibility of being repaid. Why? To spread the gospel and build the Kingdom of God. The pastor certainly does encourage serving God -- every time it shows up in the Holy Scriptures -- which he teaches verse-by-verse through both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament.

Lots more, but check out their web site. You may 'direct message' me if you have questions. Coming from a pastor's family, and having worked with numerous religious ministries, I have a tendency to look hard to find the "catches" and issues within a ministry. While all ministries have weaknesses and could improve, I've seen nothing at The Bridge that could possibly be a deal-breaker for an honest seeker, and I *have* found a lot that other churches could learn from and use as a biblical model.

In the words of world-famous guitarist, Dennis Agajanian, "If you live within 80 miles of this church, you should come to this church. It's awesome!" Now, of course, they couldn't fit everyone it if that really happened ... ha ha ha.

Have a great day! I hope you find what you're looking for.

Rob

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,674 times
Hi, there is a wonderful non-denominational church that worships in montclair at 10:00am on a sunday morning (sunday school starts at 9:0am). I was looking for a church and believe me this is the best thing that happened to me. YOU CAN WEAR ANYTHING AND COME AS YOU ARE. They are a real church and teach real messages. They are the first church I have seen that do not solicite money from its members and the Pastor never sees or touches a dime that is given to the church. ALL financials are discussed with EVERY member. The pastor is genuine and really cares about each member. If you are looking for a real church with real people who do not pretend this is definately the church to attend. They worship at a seven day building on a sunday morning but they are not seven day. they are a non-denominational church. the address is 15 elmwood ave, montcalir nj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point