Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 AM

252 posts, read 1,071,588 times

Advertisements

Folks, I have been living in the area a while, and really needing to get plugged in.........Just haven't been putting myself out there. I need a loving/caring church family. Can anyone direct me?
I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 03:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Hi, good luck with your hunt I find the website below will help you find what you need in greensboro or other cities in the triad

Greensboro, NC Churches (http://www.lookforachurch.com/Great_Greensboro.lasso - broken link)

Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 10,135 times
Default Hey I know the church you've been looking for!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
Folks, I have been living in the area a while, and really needing to get plugged in.........Just haven't been putting myself out there. I need a loving/caring church family. Can anyone direct me?
I appreciate it!
Hey,

I attend the Potter's House Ministry and we are located in Greensboro NC, on Creek Ridge Rd You can check us out at pottershousenc.com. Please feel free to check us out on a Tuesday evening bible study or a Sunday morning during worship. All the information is on the web site. I hope to see you soon.

Amber

Old 06-11-2007, 06:33 PM

59 posts, read 248,602 times
My wife & I have not moved to the W/S area yet. But I recieved some great info about Calvery Baptist. We presently attend a 25,ooo member Non Denom church here in Chicagoland. And for what its worth Calvery might be what you are looking for. We have not been to the Church yet,but for what I have read, and I might be wrong! But it is not a Fire from the pulpit kinda Church. Which is are style. If you get around to visiting the Church. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 AM

22 posts, read 86,565 times
Calvary Baptist in WS is a great church that offers a lot of programs to a lot of people. However, if you are looking for non-denominational it's probably not what you are looking for. I highly encourage you to visit just to make sure.

Our family attends MorningStar Fellowship in WS, but it is part of a larger group out of Fort Mill, SC (just below Charlotte). They bought over 50 acres of the old Heritage (PTL) property. The founder is Rick Joyner and he really has a heart for God and seeing the Kingdom advanced! They are currently restoring what was previously a black eye to the Christian community. Many different denominations are supporting the project. You can learn more at MorningStar Fellowship Church . Be sure to check out our WS church under the "Church Locations" link on the home page. We've been attending for almost a year. They also broadcast on GOD TV (DirecTV 365) Thursdays at 9pm.

Some others you may want to check out are Calvary Chapel of the Triad in Kernersville, The Rock in Greensboro, Cathedral of His Glory in Greensboro, and Agape Faith Church in Clemmons. Seek the Lord & I know He will lead you to the right body of believers.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 AM

127 posts, read 600,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
I appreciate it!
Here's my two cents...

I've found that around here many of the so-called non-denominational churches are in fact baptist chuches. [inset name here] Fellowship, [insert name here] Community Church are many times "plantings" from baptist chuches and get their initial funding from baptist chuches.

I've got nothing against the Baptists, but why can't they just call themselves what they are? If you're a member of the association of Baptist churches, then please don't try and trick us into believing that you're a non-denominataional church.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 10,105 times
you can check out Calvary Chapel of the Triad. the website is
Calvary Chapel of the Triad Welcome Pages they are located in Kernersville. i found that it is a pretty cool place.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 13,311 times
Default try c.greensboro.com

c3greensboro.com. i've found this one to be on track. our challenge when we came to this area was to find a church that was bible based. one that you didn't feel like you were beat up when you left, but offered a place to worship and had a message you could take home and live. i appreciate how this church is an example to the community with it's support and it's activities. granted this is our opinion, but check it out...

Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 17,047 times
Thumbs down Don't go to Calvary Chapel of the Triad

Calvary Chapel of the Triad is an absolute cult in every way. Great for new believers, terrible when you get sucked into serving there. You are basically a slave once you serve, and anyone that thinks differently then the pastor is in sin and running from God. Basically a cult of personality Church, that on the surface, looks and almost acts like a bible believing/teaching church. But once you are serving, you will be "assimilated" and programmed to act like some of the unholy people that are groveling for power there, right "Pastor" Nick?

I heard that the security are now carrying a gun there, is that true? And now "security" is called some politically correct name now. Why on earth does a church need to have to have someone welding a gun, I thought we were supposed to rely on the Lord for our protection! Unbelieveable! Started out great, went to the pastors' head, pastor now is surrounded by 'yes' men after he purged everyone that disagrees with him, no accountablity there whatsoever. Just ask them for their financial statement and question how much the Pastor makes, or where the money goes, you will not get a straight answer, if any answer. Pastor is unapprochable also, if I was there, I would leave ASAP. But pray for the people that are still there.

Message for the people serving there and want to get out: You cannot leave without a fight. No one has left CC peacefully, except the ones that have moved, so be strong about it. They will tell you that you are in sin and running from God and will tell you not to tell anyone the reason you left. Don't believe for one minute that "no other churches teach verse by verse" that is the biggest lie PD ever taught. This will be my final message, as I will be barraiged by the deceived inner circle. But let this be a warning to people that even consider going there. Looks great on the surface, beneth the surface are decption and lies. Remember, according to them, you are in SIN if you do not agree with the Pastor. Scariest situation I've ever been in, and from all accounts, it is getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Gerringer View Post
you can check out Calvary Chapel of the Triad. the website is
Calvary Chapel of the Triad Welcome Pages they are located in Kernersville. i found that it is a pretty cool place.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:07 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiejar View Post
Calvary Chapel of the Triad is an absolute cult in every way. Great for new believers, terrible when you get sucked into serving there .... Remember, according to them, you are in SIN if you do not agree with the Pastor. Scariest situation I've ever been in, and from all accounts, it is getting worse.
Following a trend?
Winston-Salem Journal | Shunned, Shamed: Sinners get the boot for many reasons as churches enforce their view of morality (http://tinyurl.com/3a7p2s - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point