U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,189 times

Advertisements

I will be attending UNCG this fall and am looking to move to the Greensboro area ASAP. I live out of state and am finding it difficult to know of the "better" areas to live in. I am hoping someone can steer me toward the better neighborhoods of Greensboro to live in.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:12 AM

627 posts, read 1,866,661 times
List some of the apartments you are considering and we can give you input.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM

Well, I'm not really sure where exactly to look, but some that I have found are Broadstone Village Apts in High Point, Fox Run Apts on West Vandalia Rd, and one is on West Market Street. These are what I have found so far. I've visited Greensboro twice, and I have gotten mixed views. First time where we were at seemed nice and "ritsy" and the other time was more poor and risky. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM

61 posts, read 149,681 times
Broadstone Village is too far, imo. A big NO to Fox Run. That area is a bit grittier. West Market St. could be ok. But it's also a verrrryy long street. So it also could be a bit of a commute depending where it is.

What's your price range? Do you prefer to live alone or possibly with a roommate? Do you plan on driving to campus or taking public transit? UNCG students get to ride the transit system for free and there are some neighborhoods near campus with direct bus routes that make several stops on campus. Plus, parking there is CRAZY and can get pricey depending on what kind of pass you buy.

Give us a little more info and we'll try to help as best we can!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 AM

201 posts, read 520,446 times
My son has quite a few friends at UNCG. It is a walking campus, maybe due to high price of parking. A lot of the students get an apartment near campus and hardly ever drive. So my suggestion is look at complexes near the college unless you are opposed to that lifestyle.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 AM

627 posts, read 1,866,661 times
Latham Park Manor or Lindley Park Manor would be 2 excellent options.
Both are 1 mile from UNCG, next to parks, in great neighborhoods and $515-$525 per month for 1 bedroom.

Apartments in Greensboro North Carolina: Fidelity Realty, Co.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 AM

My price range would preferably $550 or less. I don't really want to live on campus. I am a transfer student who doesn't enjoy the college dorm lifestyle. I am looking for just a nice & simple one bedroom apartment for myself (and maybe a dog). Close to campus is preferred especially if parking is so expensive. I do have my own car so if need be I can drive but I am open to public transportation too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point