U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 05:32 PM

477 posts, read 1,274,123 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a restaurant in downtown W-S for an early dinner Friday night? We would prefer something walking distance from the Stevens Center (but not Mellow Mushroom). Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM

676 posts, read 2,804,457 times
Sweet Potatoes on Trade St!!!!! It is amazing. It is soul/southern food. You must save room for dessert too. In my opinion every restaurant I have tried in W-S has just been average except for Christopher's on Brookstown St. or Sweet Potatoes. They have stood out from the rest with good service and food.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Thanks for the Sweet Potatoes suggestion! It IS amazing, but we have eaten there several times and wanted to try something new. We ended up trying NoMa which is new since we were last in town. We enjoyed it and it was perfect for an evening at the Stevens Center since it is right across the street.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,259,341 times
I've seen Sweet Potatos profiled a few times on different TV shows. Gotta get up there and try it!

Old 05-09-2010, 02:36 PM

222 posts, read 849,753 times
Sorry this post is too late for you, but I have enjoyed eating at Rana Loca which is just down the street from the Stevens Center. Everything we have ordered there has been just great.

We (dh and I) found Rana Loca after some online searching for a place for Cuban food after our favorite closed in Salisbury.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
Sorry this post is too late for you, but I have enjoyed eating at Rana Loca which is just down the street from the Stevens Center. Everything we have ordered there has been just great.

We (dh and I) found Rana Loca after some online searching for a place for Cuban food after our favorite closed in Salisbury.
Thanks, flipster. I have put Rana Loca on my list to try the next time we come to W-S.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM

676 posts, read 2,804,457 times
I want to like Rana Loca! I have gone two times now and both times the food was just okay and felt like it had been re-heated. The first time was better than the second time, so I am willing to give them one more try. I like NOMA, but have only had drinks and sandwiches. I want to try Mozelle's, but if I am not blown away by them I think I will limit our infrequent date nights to Sweet Potatoes and Christopher's since I have never been disappointed by them!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 PM

231 posts, read 611,106 times
I don't know what the issue is, but Rana Loca at lunch is infinitely better than at dinner. It's as if it's 2 different restaurants with 2 separate staffs, with the lunch staff getting much better training than the dinner staff.
Quality of both food and service at dinner needs much improvement.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 15,519 times
Mozelle's is amazing. I had the shrimp and grits and my mom had the meatloaf 2 nights ago and it was the best meal I'd had in a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point