U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM
LGM LGM started this thread

6 posts, read 10,509 times

Advertisements

Just curious about the pattern of people migrating from Ohio to North Carolina. I see a lot of Ohio license plates on the roads. Other than the obvious Virginia, Tennessee and South Carolina, I see Ohio more than any other state. Any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
Where are you seeing these Ohio plates? I see lots of them on the interstates (mainly I-77 and I-73/74), but (I think) that's largely because we are on their main path to Myrtle Beach. Otherwise, I can't say I've noticed more Ohio plates than any others.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
LGM LGM started this thread

6 posts, read 10,509 times
In the W-S area highways, I-40, Bus 40 and Hwy 52. It's not a flood or anything but I see a few each day. I wondered if they were just passing through, but I don't see other states that might also be passing through. I see occasional NY, or Michigan but Ohio is consistent. Just thought it was curious.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
^ Yep, that would be beach traffic. You'll also see a lot of West Virginia plates in this corridor.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:00 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,748,091 times
It is related to I-77. They come south going to Fl, spend the night in NC, like what they see, and then leave OHIO where the weather sucks and there are no jobs.

In my old subdivision in Huntersville, right off I-77, there were more OHIO STATE flags out on a football Saturday than UNC, State, Wake, Duke and ECU combined.

lln

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 AM

450 posts, read 928,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
It is related to I-77. They come south going to Fl, spend the night in NC, like what they see, and then leave OHIO where the weather sucks and there are no jobs.

In my old subdivision in Huntersville, right off I-77, there were more OHIO STATE flags out on a football Saturday than UNC, State, Wake, Duke and ECU combined.

lln
I've been in Morehead City and seen guys driving around with Buffalo Bills insignia on their cars--people are leaving the Great Lakes states and North Carolina is a preferred destination. Just ask TV personality Wes Goforth, he was on Buffalo TV for a long time. Comparing Great lakes weather and economy to North Carolina, it's kind of a no-brainer!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point