U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 PM

28 posts, read 116,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lynn View Post
Well have you gone to any of the triad career fairs that they hold every spring and fall? Get your face in front of the recureters.
There are so many jobs in the triad, the employment guide always has jobs available. I agree with Terry lynn, the career fairs are also big in the triad. I would also recommend maybe Raleigh or Charlotte for you, it sounds as though you are homesick. BTW, with a cheaper cost of living comes cheaper pay in some cases!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

37 posts, read 253,499 times
I dont mind Greensboro. Its not a bad place. Its got lots of growth here. Lots to do. I dont plan to be here forever but its not a bad stepping stone.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christi9 View Post
I'm from NYC - bronx area. This place sucks. It is too quiet, there is nothing to do, and there are no jobs. I'm not trying to downplay the area, but it really is unbelievable.

1) I can't seem to find anything to listen to on the radio ( besides country and dirty south hip-hop ). I've heard that this is a "college-town" but it is not diverse.

2) The public transportation sucks. Areas out of the "downtown" area can not be reached without a car. Everything is very far away.

3) There are no nightclubs for people with different cultures. ie. Lots of NYC clubs have reggae, hip hop, pop, r&b and latin sections. I've been to many places like this, but they at least had a rollerskating rink with teen nights and stuff.

4) I've applied to every retail / personel company I could find, and still there are no jobs. In other cases, even with educational background, the salary isn't enough for a working mom.

5) The colleges down here...

I hope that helps you out with your decision.

~~ Seriously missin the city
I gotta echo this recommendation not to move here. I don't have anything against the people or the city, but the location is a bummer. Too far from the mountains, too far from the coast, just plopped down in nowhereland as some sort of transportation hub.

The people are very nice!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 PM

38 posts, read 117,528 times
Default this ain't NYC

There is a reason that Greensboro is not like NYC - ITS NOT!!

Yes, it is quiet and really pretty boring - but us old folks like that. Just like someone else said - "Different Strokes for Different Folks". It is important to find some kind of happiness where ever you are.

Don't try to make the place you move to into the place you left.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point