U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 PM

9 posts, read 25,649 times

Advertisements

Hey folks I am a Tennessee resident, military vet, and recent college graduate. I am moving to the greater Greensboro area prior to my first day of work in August and I have no idea how to narrow my apartment search.

I am going to be working for PricewaterhouseCoopers so I could be working at any number of client sites across the area. My budget is up to $650-675 max for at least a one bedroom one bath. I'm looking for a safe neighborhood, clean, and safe. I had problems picking an apartment online last time I moved and I ended up getting robbed. Some places look nice but I've got no idea what potential negatives might lie just outside of the pictures edge.

So any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will only spend about 3-4 days in the area prior to moving in so I want to make good use of my time. Thanks everyone and have a great memorial day weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 AM

Any comments on these places in Greensboro??

Abernathy Park?
Addison Point?
Ashbrook Pointe?
Buckhead Court?
Cedar Trace?
The Amesbury On West Market? located on West Market Street in Greensboro
Allerton Place Apartment Homes?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 PM

If any of these jump out at you for good or bad reasons please let me know. Like I mentioned in prior posts, so many places look great online and then don't in person. Some places even look good in person, but then you find out that there is an area just off from property limits that is know for dealing drugs and crime. I'm sure I am a little paranoid but I really want to a find a place that my family can visit without having to worry about something getting stolen or robbed.

Or these from Greensboro:

Steeplechase at Adams Farm Apartments?
Granite Ridge?
Lake Brandt Apartments?
Mission Battleground Park Apartments?
Treybrooke Village Apartments?
Allerton Place Apartments?
Empire Crossing?
Madison at Adams Farm Apartments?
Hanover Terrace?
Park Forrest Apartments?
Legacy at Friendly Manor Apartments?
Abbington Place Apartments?
Juliet Place Apartment Homes?
Brassfield Park Apartments?
The Arbors at Landmark Apartments?

Mebane? Is this to far if I end up working in Greensboro?
Ashbury Square Apartments?
In High Point?:
The Crossing at Chester Ridge Apartments?
Broadstone Village Apartments?
Laurel Springs Apartment Homes?
Swathmore Court Apartments?
Creekside at Bellemeade Apartments?
Alexandria Park Apartments?
Highbrook Apartments?

Winston Salem?:
Highland Oaks Apartments?
Legacy Park Apartments?
Alaris Village Apartments?
Brannigan Village Apartments?
Bromley Park Apartments?
Savannah Place Apartments?
Providence Pointe Apartments?

Rural Hall?
Summerwood Apartments?

Kernersville?
Madison Place Apartments?

Burlington? How far of a drive would it be if I ended up working in Greensboro?
Summerlyn Place Apartments?

Clemmons?
Hampton Corners Apartments?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 12,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattolli22 View Post
If any of these jump out at you for good or bad reasons please let me know. Like I mentioned in prior posts, so many places look great online and then don't in person. Some places even look good in person, but then you find out that there is an area just off from property limits that is know for dealing drugs and crime. I'm sure I am a little paranoid but I really want to a find a place that my family can visit without having to worry about something getting stolen or robbed.

Or these from Greensboro:

Steeplechase at Adams Farm Apartments?
Granite Ridge?
Lake Brandt Apartments?
Mission Battleground Park Apartments?
Treybrooke Village Apartments?
Allerton Place Apartments?
Empire Crossing?
Madison at Adams Farm Apartments?
Hanover Terrace?
Park Forrest Apartments?
Legacy at Friendly Manor Apartments?
Abbington Place Apartments?
Juliet Place Apartment Homes?
Brassfield Park Apartments?
The Arbors at Landmark Apartments?

Mebane? Is this to far if I end up working in Greensboro?
Ashbury Square Apartments?
In High Point?:
The Crossing at Chester Ridge Apartments?
Broadstone Village Apartments?
Laurel Springs Apartment Homes?
Swathmore Court Apartments?
Creekside at Bellemeade Apartments?
Alexandria Park Apartments?
Highbrook Apartments?

Winston Salem?:
Highland Oaks Apartments?
Legacy Park Apartments?
Alaris Village Apartments?
Brannigan Village Apartments?
Bromley Park Apartments?
Savannah Place Apartments?
Providence Pointe Apartments?

Rural Hall?
Summerwood Apartments?

Kernersville?
Madison Place Apartments?

Burlington? How far of a drive would it be if I ended up working in Greensboro?
Summerlyn Place Apartments?

Clemmons?
Hampton Corners Apartments?
Also looking for apartments and unable to travel at the moment.
The site below seems to be good for ratings

North Carolina apartments and apartment reviews - ApartmentRatings.com

Will watch out for responses to your posting as I am highly interested.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,626,136 times
do you have any idea where the client sites will be??
will they be in Greensboro and Highpoint?
Mebane Ashbury apartments are very nice and its a good safe area, but you would need to commute 45 minutes each way! why do that when there are plenty of apartments in greensboro...

Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 AM

598 posts, read 1,521,940 times
A word of advice, steer clear of apartment rating sites. They aren't an accurate representation of what most apartment communities are really like. Anyone with an ax to grind can really cook up a bad reputation by logging on with a few different user names. A good way to check out a community from far away is to go to Google maps, type in the address of an apartment complex, and then click on the red icon on the map. More often than not, it will open up an option for "street view" which takes you to a 360 degree image of that address. You can also maneuver around the area (up and down streets) to get an idea of what it's like. If the street-view isn't available for the exact address, type in the name of the closest intersection (i.e Main Street and 5th Avenue Greensboro, NC).

Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 AM

598 posts, read 1,521,940 times
At first glance, I'd recommend the Adams Farm locations first. It places you on the west side of Greensboro closer to Winston Salem and the airport (which has quite a bit of corporate facilities nearby).
The Jamestown area is a pretty desirable place to live.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM

9 posts, read 23,630 times
i dont have any suggestions but i will be following your post as i am almost in the same boat as you.....good luck and happy moving!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
do you have any idea where the client sites will be??
will they be in Greensboro and Highpoint?
Mebane Ashbury apartments are very nice and its a good safe area, but you would need to commute 45 minutes each way! why do that when there are plenty of apartments in greensboro...
I am going to be doing public accounting audit work so client sites stretch out to even burlington and such I think. I know that one gentleman I spoke to ended up renting a place and then found out that his client site would be roughly 30 minutes away from greensboro. One thing I learned while I was in the military is that if something like that can happen then I should be prepared for it to happen. I am expecting a commute and there is now perfect area to move to because I could be working clear across the area. I just want a place that is really clean, safe, and preferably with a pool that has 24hr access haha

Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM

the safe and comparable apartments to mebane ashbury in greensboro might be which apartments? are any of the ones I listed something that you would recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point