Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFGSP View Post
Actually, I have never been to this site until this morning, when I Googled "Southwest GSP destinations" and this came up. I then watched the news conference and came on here for feedback. I dont live in Columbia, I commute frequently to Miami for work and was excited about the airline coming, but dissapointed to see the fares and schedule and destinations. Thanks for your hospitality.
He's 21, remember how obnoxious and know it all you were at that age. We keep him around because he bugs people so much that they give him the inside scoop on stuff, so we put up with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 10:42 AM

548 posts, read 1,980,111 times
While pricing might be a benefit for some flights, for others it's not. I often fly to PVD and the flight is definitely more expensive with Southwest. If I chose BOS, which I wouldn't because I hate driving out of BOS, instead it's priced the same. Granted they allow free luggage but I can carry on most of the time. Also on USAir the flight times are better.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
You're welcome guys. All of my photos have now been uploaded to post #146 on page 15 of this thread.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 AM

13 posts, read 17,411 times
Once again congrats to GSP for landing Southwest. The initial service to the cities announced will give you easy access to any Southwest Airlines destination. GSP is entering service with Southwest at a extremely exciting time in our Company. With the recent buy out of AirTran, should everything work out you could not be entering service at a more opportune time. We continue to see record load factors system wide and our customers continue to return and demand more service. Very excited for y'all in the Carolina's, many doubted it would ever happened. March is not far off and you will absolutely enjoy and LUV our airline. Welcome to Southwest Airlines and enjoy the ride.

Scott
Ground Operations Southwest
MSY,SMF,RDU

Old 10-20-2010, 11:30 AM

234 posts, read 1,270,198 times
Manchester NH (MHT) to GSP - LUV price 256$.

Yesterday USAIR price was 400$ range

Today USAIR price is 256$.

Weird huh

Still cheaper for me to get the red eyes from MHT to CLT for 127$ and make the 1.5 hour drive. I have been picking up some super car rentals from CLT as opposed to GSP car rentals.

I will be keeping and eye out for any LUV sales regarding MHT to GSP routes.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Oh well, no place I fly to using SWA. Was mostly interested in Ft Lauderdale, NYC and Vegas. Guess we'll have to stick with Allegiant to get back and forth to FL. Maybe they'll add routes as they get more established??

Good job Gman! THANKS!
You can still fly to New York (through Baltimore) or Las Vegas (through Nashville or Houston Hobby) and probably do it alot cheaper than on other airlines.

Remember, these five cities they are flying to are major transfer points for them, with each city having between 120 and 200 flights a day. In reality, they are "hubs" but Southwest doesn't call them "hubs".

Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You're welcome guys. All of my photos have now been uploaded to post #146 on page 15 of this thread.
G-man, would you have any idea if or how one can get a copy of the video presentation on GSP's behalf that was played right before they opened the hangar doors??? I believe it was part of the overall pitch to WN from Upstate leaders. Really great video!!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
He's 21, remember how obnoxious and know it all you were at that age. We keep him around because he bugs people so much that they give him the inside scoop on stuff, so we put up with him.
Sorry to be rude about this but anybody who says landing a major low-cost carrier like Southwest "is not a big deal" deserves to be slapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
G-man, would you have any idea if or how one can get a copy of the video presentation on GSP's behalf that was played right before they opened the hangar doors??? I believe it was part of the overall pitch to WN from Upstate leaders. Really great video!!
I'll see if I can find out.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM

Apparently the Houston flight goes on to Dallas, the early Chicago flight goes on to Salt Lake City, the late Chicago flight goes on to Las Vegas, the Nashville flight goes on to Denver, the early Baltimore flight goes on to San Antonio, and the late Baltimore flight goes on to Long Island. Hmmm...

Also, 30-40 people will be hired to work at GSP for Southwest Airlines. Job fair is slated for January.

Last edited by g-man430; 10-20-2010 at 02:03 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
It is a big deal, if you understand economy and business. This will help the upstate fuel more growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area