U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 PM

9,133 posts, read 14,488,755 times

Advertisements

It felt like I was in a sauna outside today. It had to be in the mid 90's minimum with a heat index into the 100's. Nasty thunderstorms also came through late this afternoon with one almost knocking my power out: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...r-to-thousands Gotta look at the brightside though. At least it cooled it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM

5,560 posts, read 6,670,493 times
We get everything EXCEPT the cooling (and yard-watering) rain at our house!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 PM

9,133 posts, read 14,488,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
We get everything EXCEPT the cooling (and yard-watering) rain at our house!
Lucky you. Looking at the radar, it looks like we're all about to get dumped on.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:16 PM

103 posts, read 122,772 times
The one thing I dislike about South Carolina is the extremely hot weather in the summer time; if it wasn't for the heat in the summer time (As well as the humidity) I would absolutely love this state as it is easier for me to deal with the weather in the fall/winter time

Here lately our AC has been acting up as well. Today the house was about 80 Degrees, which is hotter than what I can handle

Hopefully this hot season of the year will come in and out quick, however it is just starting :/

RedJohn

Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Lucky you. Looking at the radar, it looks like we're all about to get dumped on.
When I got up this morning, the dog's formerly empty water bowl on the patio didn't even have a 1/4 inch of water in it.... UGH.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 AM

4,144 posts, read 3,567,514 times
Quote:
When I got up this morning, the dog's formerly empty water bowl on the patio didn't even have a 1/4 inch of water in it.... UGH.
I know what you mean Upstate...my son and I were sitting on our front porch in S'ville. I had just got done throwing some fertilizer on my yard in expectation of the rain.

Had my cell phone on and was watching the big red/yellow blob head over G'ville, then Mauldin. I was counting down, 15 minutes, 10 minutes...then NOTHING! Darn storm split right before it got to my neighborhood. Crazy.

We did finally later get some precipitation, maybe enough to wash in my fertilizer.

Saw on TV some areas got hit pretty bad.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM

It is about quarter till 3 right now. It is supposed to be about 88 degrees but supposedly it feels like 100 and it indeed does...!

We will probably get some thunderstorms tonight and hopefully things will start cooling off in a little while...!

RedJohn

Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
It is about quarter till 3 right now. It is supposed to be about 88 degrees but supposedly it feels like 100 and it indeed does...!

We will probably get some thunderstorms tonight and hopefully things will start cooling off in a little while...!

RedJohn
Last I saw (morning news), the high today in the Upstate was supposed to be 94. It's a little early in the year, but this is about right for mid-summer. As I look at the evening news/weather, looks like once again, the thunderstorms are splitting up to the east & west, and my neighborhood will AGAIN not get any meaningful rain. What did this stretch of land do to offend the Big Guy??

Old 06-16-2010, 03:20 PM

306 posts, read 438,984 times
Quote:
Last I saw (morning news), the high today in the Upstate was supposed to be 94. It's a little early in the year, but this is about right for mid-summer. As I look at the evening news/weather, looks like once again, the thunderstorms are splitting up to the east & west, and my neighborhood will AGAIN not get any meaningful rain. What did this stretch of land do to offend the Big Guy??

Old 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Well, it is almost 6 PM. It is 82 degrees right now. I hear thunders and the sky is like really, really gray. I think we are about to have a big thunderstorm!

I hope it will last a while and cools down the air some!

RedJohn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area