Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times

Advertisements

Neither is:
Caesar's Head and Table Rock
Jocasse and Keowee
Weekend in Charleston
Canoe on Lake Robinson
Drive to Highlands,NC for day of window shopping.
Take an afternoon drive up to Caeser's Head.
Drive to Ceasar's head State Park overlook and then hike to the Raven Cliff Falls (not too strenuous or long, but definitely gorgeous!).

But hey, you pick on my choice? Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM

128 posts, read 613,289 times
more more! i want to keep this post moving, what more would you do?

Thanks!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,815 times
Default Ten things to do in Greenville, SC

1. Morning walk from one end of Main st. to the other
2. Breakfast at Stax Original
3. Trip to Total Wine and More for "supplies".
4. Shopping at World Market
5. Wings and Beer at Riley's Sports Bar
6. Baseball game at Greenville Drive
7. Beer and food at Liberty Steakhouse
8. Golden Tee and Silver Strike at Corner Pocket
9. More wiings and beer at Wild Wing Cafe
10. Night cap at West End Oyster Bar
(Sorry I can't stop at 10 things to do there are too many great bars and restaurants to visit in a 1Mi. stretch of Main St.)

Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
I posted this list in a different thread, but since this one is back up, I will add it here as well, so it will be easily found...

When you arrive in Greenville, be sure to pick up a free copy of the handy and professional Michelin visitors guide at the City Hall Visitors Center. You will find lots of places to explore in the Upstate by simply browsing through that guide.

Here are a few of my own recommendations, though there are many others I have left out...
  1. Start by staying at Pettigru Place Bed & Breakfast in the Pettigru Historic District of downtown
  2. Stroll along Greenville's award-winning Main Street and visit beautiful Falls Park on the Reedy, RiverPlace, and unique shops like Michelin on Main (in RiverPlace)
  3. Visit the Upcountry History Museum, located at Heritage Green
  4. While at Heritage Green, be sure to visit the Greenville County Museum of Art and the Hughes Main Library (second-largest in the state)
  5. Plan to take in a performance at the world-class Peace Center for the Performing Arts
  6. Take a drive over Paris Mountain on Altamont Road (toughest stretch of the USA Cycling Professional Championships (http://www.usacyclingchampionships.com/ - broken link))
  7. Visit the beautiful Furman University campus
  8. Visit the world-famous BJU Museum & Gallery (amazing!)
  9. Visit the Greenville Zoo (broken link)
  10. Visit Caesar's Head State Park in the northnern portion of Greenville County, then stop by either Victoria Valley Vineyards, or La Bastide (http://www.cliffscommunities.com/la-bastide/ - broken link) for a refreshing break.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM

75 posts, read 353,335 times
Gotta take in Downtown including reedy falls park. If your not big on walking you wont like it though.
Havent been to a greenville drive game yet put plannin on it this next season. Heard its really cool i remember goin to tha greenville braves games when i was younger but west end field has a nice view of downtown which would probbably be cooler.
Hollywood 20 movie theatre is really nice,cherrydale isnt too bad either.
Haywood mall can be cool alot of really nice stores but once youve been there for a while you feel like you cant wait to leave which i guess is true with any mall.
The view from table rock and ceasars head is really nice and at a certain point at night you can see downtown greenville lit up

Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM

603 posts, read 2,339,929 times
No one has mentioned Furman concerts--every summer, thousands (or at least a lot of people ) flock to an outdoor concert held by the lake on Thursday nights. Take a picnic, gaze at the water, and listen to the music. Ahhhh...summer.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charz View Post
No one has mentioned Furman concerts--every summer, thousands (or at least a lot of people ) flock to an outdoor concert held by the lake on Thursday nights. Take a picnic, gaze at the water, and listen to the music. Ahhhh...summer.
These concerts do make for a lovely evening!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM

69 posts, read 322,436 times
Mice on Main
Hwy 11/Table Rock
Main street shopping
Falls Park
and uh.....
uh
uh

Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 AM

23 posts, read 83,490 times
Default Moving to Greenville,Sc area this fall.

I'm Thinking of relocating from Venice, Fl. to Greenville area this fall. I'm interested in renting my first year and get to know the area better. I'm looking for a single family home at least 1400Sq.Ft. with fenced back yard. It's my wife and I and a little Shih tzu. we are planning a trip in june to start looking. Does anyone have something of interest coming up this fall?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
If by "something" you mean an event, you definitely should try to be in town during the annual "Fall For Greenville" street festival. It highlights several local restaurants and includes live music, entertainment, and cycling, among other fun things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area