U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 08:55 AM

4 posts, read 4,701 times

Advertisements

We just moved to the augusta rd area and need a reference for a plumber and electrician for a couple of small jobs. any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM

3,545 posts, read 5,657,255 times
I need a recommendation for a plumber too.... we're on the Eastside, near Pelham and I-85.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM

4,011 posts, read 5,032,939 times
Ditto - we just gutted out our bathroom, actually, by tomorrow it's suppose to be done. Looking for an estimate from a plumber to reconfigure and install. Always like to get a couple estimates

Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 AM

3,545 posts, read 5,657,255 times
I haven't had a chance to compare quotes, but 1-800-PLUMBER may do good work, but their prices seem AWFULLY high. They also try to sell you a "maintenance plan." This used to be TWH Plumbing and Electric, but it looks like Tim went with a franchise situation. I think the extra overhead has significantly increased his rates.

I want a competent (& independent) plumber who works out of his/her house and whose spouse does the bookkeeping... maybe not literally, but you get the general idea.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 AM

I've had an estimate but like to get 2-3 before deciding.

I got 3 estimates to take down some trees, besides the different stories I got of which/why certain trees should come down, I got a ridiculously high quote of almost $2K more than the other two estimates. Now, deciding on who to go with!

I can at least recommend the guy who just gutted out my bathroom, he showed up on time (actually early both days) and was about as clean as one could be with two guys working in a very small 9'5" x 4'6" space (3ft of that 9 feet being a shower stall) and he was very reasonable as far as pricing. I was worried, not knowing his work, but it was all for naught. I will definitely use him again, he knows what he's doing, he showed up, and being from SOFLA, he spoke English!!!!!!! He's also cutting my lawn, and from doing so, did my next door neighbors lawn and then her son's lawn as well. (He does all kinds of carpentry, deck work, remodeling, additions, etc. He has a plumber he works with, but I still like to have other estimates too, or other options of other plumbers. I want to compare apples to apples before I decide.

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,038,788 times
We have had Corley do some moderate plumbing work (under $500) and they did a great job both times. However, they are not cheap. They seem to be moving into electrical, but I would go with someone else more experienced. Check the BBB site for firms that are good.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM

132 posts, read 373,938 times
When you hire someone YOU are ultimately responsible for them if they do not have insurance.

Licensed and insured PROFESSIONALS always cost more because they pay taxes, auto insurance, Workman's compensation insurance, liability insurance, health insurance, licensing fees, continuing education fees, inspection fees, OSHA 10, 20, 30 course fees, OSHA mandated lead paint fees <yes even plumbers have to take the course>.....you get the idea I hope

The state maintains a list of all tradesmen who are current on their licensing.

ALWAYS ask to see proof of insurance, if someone gets hurt on your property they can sue you.

BBB will only tell you if there are complaints against them and if they pay a FEE to them.

You get what you pay for in this world.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 998 times
Default Plumbers

I'm not sure if any of you are still looking, but I am a reputable plumber here in Greer. I would be happy to provide references upon request.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlt View Post
I'm not sure if any of you are still looking, but I am a reputable plumber here in Greer. I would be happy to provide references upon request.
I P/M'd you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area