U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:02 PM

1,941 posts, read 2,612,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Because they're ugly looking for the most part and tend to create crime.
There is nothing inherently crime-provoking about gas stations. The crime you're associating with them has everything to do with those gas stations located in bad areas. Gas stations in nice areas tend to be nice, well-maintained, and safe.

I have been in QT's in Atlanta and always find them to be good. I'm glad we are getting them. Greenville is getting yet another SC first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 03:10 PM

4,125 posts, read 2,410,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Now if 7-11 started opening in this market--that would be exciting!
They were here, many are now Kangaroos.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 PM

5,400 posts, read 5,776,440 times
Quote:
Honestly, i'm not happy with this at all. In my opinon, one of the things we need less of in this area is gas stations. Also included are big box stores and fast food restaurants.
I really don't care - as long as it's designed and landscaped well and comply with any applicable ordinances, I have no problem with new construction of any kind.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:35 AM

3,823 posts, read 2,958,470 times
I do believe that QT is a well run chain of convenience stores/gas stations. I would rate them a notch above Spinx and much higher than RaceTrac, Kangaroo, etc...

QT's have their own "kitchen" where they make fresh sandwiches and ship them to the stores. http://www.qtkitchens.com/

Also +1 on WaWa. They are way above all the above and 7/11 IMO.

Last edited by USNRET04; 08-26-2010 at 08:47 AM..

Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 AM

3,823 posts, read 2,958,470 times
Quote:
Because they're ugly looking for the most part and tend to create crime.
Yeah, that's a stereotypical response. All convenience type stores are vulnerable to crime due to the nature of their business...open 24/7.

QT's are well lit, have more than one employee on the late shifts and have state of the art camera's and security devices.

WaWa's are architecturally pleasing to look at.

Wawa - About Wawa

Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Yeah, that's a stereotypical response. All convenience type stores are vulnerable to crime due to the nature of their business...open 24/7.

QT's are well lit, have more than one employee on the late shifts and have state of the art camera's and security devices.

Wawa - About Wawa
I LOVE Wawa!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM

8,838 posts, read 12,982,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Wawa - About Wawa
Not if it's a true statement. I have never seen an urban, architecturally pleasing gas station in this area except for maybe the new Spinx in Moonville. If you find one, please let me know where it's located. Thanks.

Oh and +1 on WaWa. They are actually nice looking unlike 95% of the gas stations located here. The 5% that are somewhat nice looking are all Spinx stations which is a local company by the way in case you forgot.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I have never seen an urban, architecturally pleasing gas station in this area except for maybe the new Spinx in Moonville.
I didn't know that was a prerequisite for gas stations/convenience stores. I'd LOVE for all our gas stations to be modern-looking & attractive with frameless sliding glass doors, etc, but businesses need a compelling business reason to renovate or build new.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM

8,838 posts, read 12,982,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I didn't know that was a prerequisite for gas stations/convenience stores. I'd LOVE for all our gas stations to be modern-looking & attractive with frameless sliding glass doors, etc, but businesses need a compelling business reason to renovate or build new.
Big box stores have to abide by design standards in the city and county of Greenville like you see with Walmart on Pelham Road and the stores at the Shops at Greenridge. Why not gas stations? It would make the area look nicer and improve the quality of life in the area further.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:21 PM

1,941 posts, read 2,612,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I LOVE Wawa!
Every time I see Wawa, I think about Baba Wawa.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Baba Wawa At Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area