Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 11:55 AM

1,997 posts, read 4,580,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
QuikTrip is planning a store at the former Macshore plant at 2836 Laurens Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-5226, the northwest corner of Laurens Road and Fairforest Way.
Isn't this entire interchange going to re-designed by 2024? Will this impact the location of the new QT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 01:30 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,997,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Isn't this entire interchange going to re-designed by 2024? Will this impact the location of the new QT?
The intersection of Laurens Road, Fairforest Way, and Millennium Boulevard should have been improved already. The corridor of Fairforest Way, Millennium Boulevard, and Carolina Point Parkway is to be four continuous travel laves from Mauldin Road to Woodruff Road. Whoever was responsible for widening the section of Fairforest Way from Laurens Road to Ridge Road did not do their job. It will cost more to fix it right the next time.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,645,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Yes, it is located across the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research.

If I were the South Carolina Department of Transportation, I would look at finishing Fairforest Road from two lane to four lanes from Laurens Road to Ridge Road. It forgot about this stretch.
It is owned by the county not the city which is why this portion hasn't been improved yet. Plans are in the works though to finish it soon.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
I am disappointed that QT has now raised the price on the 32oz fountain soda from 69 to 79 cents. And apparently they have no plans to offer the normal summer discount after Memorial Day. Every summer they always used to lower the price to 49 cents. But seems like it is going to stay at 79 cents.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:46 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,911,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am disappointed that QT has now raised the price on the 32oz fountain soda from 69 to 79 cents. And apparently they have no plans to offer the normal summer discount after Memorial Day. Every summer they always used to lower the price to 49 cents. But seems like it is going to stay at 79 cents.
Still a bargain. Half the price of going through a fast food drive-thru.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:23 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Still a bargain. Half the price of going through a fast food drive-thru.
Perhaps, but that was always a great summer promo they used to do. And still a big profit margin for them even at the reduced rate. As soda beverages is one of the biggest mark ups and rip offs at most restaurants and movie theaters. But at least QT is more reasonable, but still used to look forward to that summer discount.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:02 PM

825 posts, read 1,115,591 times
Still 69 cents at kangaroos but most don't have close to selection of drinks that QT has.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:38 PM

2,307 posts, read 3,819,214 times
I try to shop at QT but will get gas at Spinx but only because of my Bi-Lo card. Every time I go into a Spinx it is under-maned, sometimes dirty and just no longer that enticing. QT on Mauldin road is amazing. Always clean, always well staffed, staff aren't former deadbeats I had in class (like any Spinx).

Someone correct me on this but I was told that the guy who owns QT has basically "blitzkrieged" the Upstate because he tried to buy out ole Mr. Spinx and when he was told no, he basically said he'd run Mr. Spinx out of business. Truth?

Old 05-21-2016, 10:19 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,911,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
I try to shop at QT but will get gas at Spinx but only because of my Bi-Lo card. Every time I go into a Spinx it is under-maned, sometimes dirty and just no longer that enticing. QT on Mauldin road is amazing. Always clean, always well staffed, staff aren't former deadbeats I had in class (like any Spinx).

Someone correct me on this but I was told that the guy who owns QT has basically "blitzkrieged" the Upstate because he tried to buy out ole Mr. Spinx and when he was told no, he basically said he'd run Mr. Spinx out of business. Truth?
Never heard that one. Not sure why QT would want someone elses stations when they have their own prototype they build from the ground up.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:08 AM

19 posts, read 28,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post

What I was told was there was a gentlemans agreement that Spinx would stay in SC and QT would stay in GA and Mr. Spinx went back on his word and crossed into GA along I85 and The guy that owns QT made it his mission to squash them....which is exactly what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area