U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:17 PM

1,623 posts, read 2,008,356 times

Advertisements

QT considering location on Laurens Rd two blocks from Washington and the new Willy Taco. Some nearby residents opposed. That part of Laurens Rd could use the further revitalization IMO.

QuikTrip eyes Nicholtown for next convenience store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 05:01 PM

3,422 posts, read 4,509,552 times
Drove by the QT in midtown ATL, DS was staying in corporate housing there. Wanted to go in and check it out but didn't have time. Was weird not seeing a full-fledged QT, but seems the place is busy. Heard they have awesome subs that they are thinking about rolling out to other stores. May be going back in a month, or two and will have to check it out when I go, just out of curiousity, and for a cup of coffee.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:15 PM

2,695 posts, read 2,993,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Drove by the QT in midtown ATL, DS was staying in corporate housing there. Wanted to go in and check it out but didn't have time. Was weird not seeing a full-fledged QT, but seems the place is busy. Heard they have awesome subs that they are thinking about rolling out to other stores. May be going back in a month, or two and will have to check it out when I go, just out of curiousity, and for a cup of coffee.
WaWa also has similar city center store in Philadelphia. Nice idea for downtown areas.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:17 PM

I am disappointed QT no longer has their rice crispy treats. Were very good.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:02 PM

9,601 posts, read 18,247,129 times
QT on Laurens Road near Willy Taco is dead. Opposition caused the company to withdraw their plans.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
QT on Laurens Road near Willy Taco is dead. Opposition caused the company to withdraw their plans.
Their loss. QT is a good neighbor and takes extremely good care of their property. Probably would have had patrol stopping by all the time with the LEC so close by. Guess they like that run down empty parking lot. That doesn't seem safe or appealing at all.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Their loss. QT is a good neighbor and takes extremely good care of their property. Probably would have had patrol stopping by all the time with the LEC so close by. Guess they like that run down empty parking lot. That doesn't seem safe or appealing at all.
Yes I don't quite understand the opposition there. QuikTrip has nice clean stores and would seem to be a nice addition to the area. Especially if they are trying to revitalize the neighborhood. Not sure what else they would have in mind.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Yes I don't quite understand the opposition there. QuikTrip has nice clean stores and would seem to be a nice addition to the area. Especially if they are trying to revitalize the neighborhood. Not sure what else they would have in mind.
I agree. It doesn't fit according to some in the article. With the Spinx down the street how could they say no. Interesting comments following the article.

QuikTrip drops Nicholtown store plans

Old 05-15-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am disappointed QT no longer has their rice crispy treats. Were very good.
They have now eliminated the corn dogs also. Another one of my preferences now gone. Disappointing.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:31 PM

QT seems to be making several changes I do not care for.

And they continue to eliminate space for the newspapers at the front of the store.. They added potato chips and snack products that already had shelf space in the store. Unnecessary. Now the Greenville News, USA Today, and Charlotte Observer are crowded into a small space at the bottom of the rack. Not very good. And they don't even carry the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal anymore. At least Publix still makes space for the newspapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area