Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times

Advertisements

One other thing, when I visited QT in Georgia, the store was always heavily staffed. Usually at least 2 check out clerks, one or two folks on the floor serving food and stocking. I even saw another clerk working outside cleaning. One clerk held the door open for me as they greeted me. They were always very friendly and helpful.

Sometimes I go into local convenience stores and the staff all have attitudes or they are understaffed. Spinx is usually the exception though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:50 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The Burger King on Wade Hampton Blvd. is now completely demolished.
I miss that Burger King. That location was among the more profitable and successful locations in the Greenville area. Burger King had plans to renovate or rebuild the location. The first sign of any change was the removal of its outdoor playground in 2007. In early 2008, Burger King closed. Someone thought it was better to close and leave altogether than rebuild/renovate. A customer base was lost. Oh well.

I noticed the structure was demolished. Two other structures down Rushmore Drive, a former bank and a former dental office, are likely awaiting demolition if QuikTrip is building down that far.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
QuikTrip slated for empty parcel of land at intersection of Woodruff Road and Verdae Blvd below the billboard.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
One other thing, when I visited QT in Georgia, the store was always heavily staffed. Usually at least 2 check out clerks, one or two folks on the floor serving food and stocking. I even saw another clerk working outside cleaning.
Saw the same thing over the weekend in Kansas City. Cool!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
QuikTrip slated for empty parcel of land at intersection of Woodruff Road and Verdae Blvd below the billboard.
FINALLY! They moved the house that used to be there YEARS ago, and I just KNEW something would start construction any day. Glad to see something going there!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:44 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Saw the same thing over the weekend in Kansas City. Cool!
Perfect spot for a QT. This will make a nice stop on the way to Trader Joes and Whole Foods.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
I've been wondering why that parcel of land had never been developed. Also maybe someone will develop something on that old drive-in restaurant next to Ashley Furniture some day.

Has any other locations opened yet?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
One at SR 417 near the I-185, I-385 entrance
Even though QT is planning a ton of upstate locations with lots under construction and hiring slated to start in September 2011, they have apparently cancelled this location unfortunately. However, the good news is that Spinx has bought the land and is planning a gas station there: The Spinx Company Acquires Development Land in Simpsonville - CoStar Group Also, construction will start on the funeral home directly across the street this week.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Even though QT is planning a ton of upstate locations with lots under construction and hiring slated to start in September 2011, they have apparently cancelled this location unfortunately. However, the good news is that Spinx has bought the land and is planning a gas station there: The Spinx Company Acquires Development Land in Simpsonville - CoStar Group Also, construction will start on the funeral home directly across the street this week.
UGH - just more of the same then. Do we really NEED a(nother) new funeral home?? I was thinking this spot would have been ideal for a new entrant - great visibility at the intersection of 2 (actually 3) very busy roads. Oh well, a lot I know...

Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
UGH - just more of the same then. Do we really NEED a(nother) new funeral home?? I was thinking this spot would have been ideal for a new entrant - great visibility at the intersection of 2 (actually 3) very busy roads. Oh well, a lot I know...
Would QuikTrip have another location in the area in mind?

Thomas McAfee has had that site for several years for a third location in southern Greenville County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area