Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Would QuikTrip have another location in the area in mind?

Thomas McAfee has had that site for several years for a third location in southern Greenville County.
I think the West Georgia Road area at 385 would be perfect, in that general area, for a QT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 07:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I think the West Georgia Road area at 385 would be perfect, in that general area, for a QT.
I had the same feeling.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Would QuikTrip have another location in the area in mind?

Thomas McAfee has had that site for several years for a third location in southern Greenville County.
I would like to see a QT at 385 and W. Georgia Rd.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 AM

A good listing o fthe QT Anderson locations in this article:

QuikTrip eyes six spots in Anderson County » Anderson Independent Mail

Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:

For folks looking for a job:

Quote:
Jobs at these convenience stores will be aimed at people looking for a career in the field, Heuback said. Wages, he said, are high enough to support a family, and QuikTrip also pays up to $2,000 a year for its employees to attend college. QuikTrip will bring some experienced managers to the area but will also be hiring locally.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Would that Powdersville location be the former Hardee's, or am I assuming another location nearby?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Would that Powdersville location be the former Hardee's, or am I assuming another location nearby?
From my understanding, it will be right at I-85, so most probably.

I tell you, Spinx needs to step up their game, with QT saturating Upstate. QT is a fierce competitor who has the marketing, the quality, the cleanliness, the goods and the price.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
From my understanding, it will be right at I-85, so most probably.

I tell you, Spinx needs to step up their game, with QT saturating Upstate. QT is a fierce competitor who has the marketing, the quality, the cleanliness, the goods and the price.
Spinx's prices have been problematic for years. Customers do not need three different prices per octane level. Stick with one flat price per octane level.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Spinx's prices have been problematic for years. Customers do not need three different prices per octane level. Stick with one flat price per octane level.
True.

I'm thinking more of the store part though. Even the newest Spinx stores seem cluttered, their range of merchandise is not exactly focused, nor do they always have the latest and greatest brands. QT on the other, has stores so clean you can almost eat off the floor. Their focus on merchandise is very clear, fewer items, but within those items, deep inventory in every flavor / taste of an item. They also tend to launch the newest cola or bottled water or cupcake trend or whatever is current at the moment.

QT makes me want to stop and go in / shop, even when I have no reason to. Spinx, I stop by when I have to.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:

QT makes me want to stop and go in / shop, even when I have no reason to. Spinx, I stop by when I have to.
It's well known that these convenience stores make better than 80% of their profits inside the store. That's why QT is doing so well.

But competition will force Spinx to make changes which will benefit the customer in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area