Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizzza View Post
You can sign up with them, take monthly surveys and print out even more coupons. For this month it is a free hot dog and fountain drink:

https://www.quiktrip.com/QT-Connect/SignUp.aspx
It must vary depending upon location via zip code, because we signed up for the Greer one and it said that there are currently no surveys or coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Can't debate the facts? Attack the messenger.

Keep it classy, Bobio.

And yes, I call fat people lardasses. Congrats on not being one. Being fat truly is a choice, unlike homosexuality or skin color. And gluttony is a sin, btw.
Despite being on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding politics, faith and the role of government control, we most likely have the same eating/food habits. We have eliminated HFCS, nitrates, nitrites and other harmful things from our lifestyle. Applegate Farms makes awesome hotdogs and cold cuts that are nitrate and nitrite free. I just don't think that it is the best course of action to belittle people that do not share the same eating/dietary habits as us. How is it productive to "call fat people lard asses" as you put it? It just comes across as very demeaning and mean spirited; too much hate and anger. Just my $.02

Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
A 32 oz. drink and a glazed doughnut? Sounds absolutely disgusting.

It's no wonder there are so many lardasses in this area. What really sucks is that MY health insurance coverage costs a fortune because of what SO MANY PEOPLE are doing to their bodies with this so-called "food." It's not food, it's literally poison.

This thread is now 15 pages long, while the organic food threads still sit languishing somewhere in the forum history with hardly any notice. To me, it says a lot about the people of this area.
It's phude. That is what they call processed food at healthfreedomusa.com because there is hardly anything food like about it. It is all genetically engineered or chemicals or irradiated or a combination if not all three!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Despite being on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding politics, faith and the role of government control, we most likely have the same eating/food habits. We have eliminated HFCS, nitrates, nitrites and other harmful things from our lifestyle. Applegate Farms makes awesome hotdogs and cold cuts that are nitrate and nitrite free. I just don't think that it is the best course of action to belittle people that do not share the same eating/dietary habits as us. How is it productive to "call fat people lard asses" as you put it? It just comes across as very demeaning and mean spirited; too much hate and anger. Just my $.02
this is also NOT the forum for that type of conversation AT ALL. I could care less about anyones opinions on nitrates and nitrites, nor do I care what anyone thinks of 32oz drinks and doughnuts, CAN WE MOVE ON?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
this is also NOT the forum for that type of conversation AT ALL. I could care less about anyones opinions on nitrates and nitrites, nor do I care what anyone thinks of 32oz drinks and doughnuts, CAN WE MOVE ON?
Why are you telling me and not Art? He's the one who brought it up and called you a lardass; I was merely responding to him. Are you afraid of him?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I am more than happy to move on. There's a TON of crap on this board that doesn't technically belong here, including posting coupons for a coke and a doughnut. But the moderators leave wiggle room for discussion.

sophiasmommy has two screen names for cry in out loud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why are you telling me and not Art? He's the one who brought it up and called you a lardass; I was merely responding to him. Are you afraid of him?
Unlike you, I haven't called anyone on this thread anything. I called fat people lardasses, but never directed it to any particular poster. I have no idea what Noodles looks like.

You, on the other hand, called me several names on this thread.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:55 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Hmm, I sense sarcasm.
Maybe a hint, but the line was taken from your article. All kidding aside, I did read the entire article and it did open my eyes. I have young children and although I know they only eat hotdogs once or twice a month...but even that is too much.

We still like hotdogs, so I'll be getting mine now from TJ's (nitrate free). There is also a brand called Coleman sold at Publix, Ingles and possibly Costco (haven't checked Costco yet) that is also nitrate free.

Thanks for the info Art!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 AM

24 posts, read 42,691 times
Stopped in for gas last night, clean and lots of pumps but no deals :| At least they take amex and don't charge a credit price.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Let's all just take a deep breath, and not judge one another.... GEEZ.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 AM

690 posts, read 1,145,792 times
The QT on Wade Hampton next to the Kmart and in the former BK location is now open. .49 cent drinks for the win!

Very clean and on my into work and home. Might be frequenting it a bit down the road...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area