U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM

7,987 posts, read 11,393,516 times

Advertisements

Haven't seen this mentioned here, but Liquid Highway will be opening stores/shops inside 6 area Bi-Lo stores. I believe a couple of these locations will be a conversion from the Bi-Lo owned JJ Poloi's shops.

If you are a Liquid Highway fan, you'll agree this is great news.

Home*-*Liquid Highway Coffee - Greenville, SC - Gourmet Coffee, Coffee Store, Coffee Shop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,325,057 times
This is great news. I love their coffee. I didn't believe it could be better than Starbucks, but for what I drink, I prefer Liquid Highway to Starbucks.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,888,364 times
I think the term would better be described as relocating since the drive thrus are being closed in our area. If I have to go in BiLo to get a cup of coffee it won't happen.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 AM

22 posts, read 39,248 times
This is fantastic news if Liquid Highway is adding locations, but not as good if they are relocating from their convenient drive-thrus to inside a Bi-Lo. I could see them moving their E. North St. location from a drive-thru to the Bi-Lo right there, but that would make getting my coffee inconvenient parking in that lot. Still, if it helps them with their cause, I can't say I'm against it.

Now I want a blended Sticky Bun Turbo...

Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,578,582 times
Weren't all the drive-thrus former Brick House locations? I don't remember Liquid Highway having drive-thrus until they took over Brick House.

IMO the speciality coffee menu and the stand-alone drive-thru wasn't an efficient combination. I'm not surprised they closed down the drive-thrus and took over the Bi-Lo spaces. Doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it but I do understand from an expense perspective.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:22 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,325,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Weren't all the drive-thrus former Brick House locations? I don't remember Liquid Highway having drive-thrus until they took over Brick House.
I do not think they got all their drive-thrus from the Brick House takeover. The LH locations on Patewood and Old Spartanburg rd. have drive thrus and were always LH, I believe. The Woodruff Road location near Goodwill is also original LH, I think.

I hope they are just adding and closing the redundant ones. I really like the coffee and wi-fi.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 10,136,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanime View Post
This is fantastic news if Liquid Highway is adding locations, but not as good if they are relocating from their convenient drive-thrus to inside a Bi-Lo.
Definitely. They seem to be smarter than all that, but who knows? Of course, we understand them closing LH locations that are currently basically adjacent to Bi Lo stores, but they'd better keep the rest of their stand-alone locations.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM

5,235 posts, read 7,854,206 times
Didn't I read awhile back that this company has never made a profit? (and therefore has never donated any profit to charity)

Personally, I can't get past the horrible name. Here's a better use of "liquid highway:"

I just got back from a trip to Vietnam and boy was the street food awesome. However, I now have a horrible case of liquid highway as a result.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:02 PM

10,547 posts, read 21,072,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Didn't I read awhile back that this company has never made a profit? (and therefore has never donated any profit to charity)

Personally, I can't get past the horrible name. Here's a better use of "liquid highway:"

I just got back from a trip to Vietnam and boy was the street food awesome. However, I now have a horrible case of liquid highway as a result.
They have donated money to March of Dimes.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:41 PM

5,235 posts, read 7,854,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
They have donated money to March of Dimes.
kewl

How much?

Have they made a profit yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area